Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

121 - 140 of 156 Posts

·
Administrator
14,696 Posts
Right, but how is that different from requiring it to attend school, which is an every day part of life for the vast majority of children in the U.S.?
If you do not want to have your kids vaccinated against the usual diseases, you home school them.
If vaccinations for adults are required (and I believe COVID will only be a start) our only option will be to drop out of life completely. Become a wilderness hermit. And I think even that would be difficult to do without occasional, necessary, human contact.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
If you do not want to have your kids vaccinated against the usual diseases, you home school them.
If vaccinations for adults are required (and I believe COVID will only be a start) our only option will be to drop out of life completely. Become a wilderness hermit. And I think even that would be difficult to do without occasional, necessary, human contact.
Not everyone is in a position to be able to homeschool. For those people, there's no difference between forced vaccinations for children and adults. It's wrong for the government to mandate vaccinations for adults and wrong to mandate them for children.

I'm not anti-vax; I'm pro people making their own choices.

·
Registered
11,795 Posts
I've had my rabies shot, does that count? Now can I buy toilet paper? :tango_face_grin:

·
Registered
743 Posts
Right, but how is that different from requiring it to attend school, which is an every day part of life for the vast majority of children in the U.S.?
That's another reason why "school choice" should be implemented. If I had a choice to send my child to a school that forced vaccines verses a charter school that did not ... I go with the charter school in a heartbeat. (Not to mention the fact that charter schools [for the most part] offer a higher standard of education).

·
Super Moderator
6,395 Posts
I don't mean to start an argument, I'm only curious about your thinking. The government already requires vaccines for children to enter schools.
The government or the schools require vaccines? Pretty sure you mean the schools, right?

How is it so different to require vaccines to enter stores or the workplace?
Seriously? It's much worse than not letting your kid into kindergarten. In fact that's a cake walk compared to where we are here in 2020... You can always home school or charter school, or what have you but can't live long if you can't work or get to the supermarket.

They're racing to get this covid vaccine slapped together at breakneck speed for a virus that has a very low mortality rate. Getting people obsessed with "being safe" but how safe is this vaccine really going to be? They're playing on people's fear in ways that borders on hysteria, by making people wear masks. Standing six feet apart and strangers looking at you like you're some sort of biohazard on two legs. Constantly talking about it in the news. Establishments are going out of business. They're tanking the global economy. I'd say it's different.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
The government or the schools require vaccines? Pretty sure you mean the schools, right?

Seriously? It's much worse than not letting your kid into kindergarten. In fact that's a cake walk compared to where we are here in 2020... You can always home school or charter school, or what have you but can't live long if you can't work or get to the supermarket.

They're racing to get this covid vaccine slapped together at breakneck speed for a virus that has a very low mortality rate. Getting people obsessed with "being safe" but how safe is this vaccine really going to be? They're playing on people's fear in ways that borders on hysteria, by making people wear masks. Standing six feet apart and strangers looking at you like you're some sort of biohazard on two legs. Constantly talking about it in the news. Establishments are going out of business. They're tanking the global economy. I'd say it's different.
Just to be clear, I don't think it's a good idea to force people to get vaccines. Just in my mind, we're already there and people mostly surrendered without a whimper.

·
Registered
9,062 Posts
Just to be clear, I don't think it's a good idea to force people to get vaccines. Just in my mind, we're already there and people mostly surrendered without a whimper.
I don't consider it a surrender, all the ones I have received did their job, never contracted anything serious.

Even the polio shots were voluntary, had a permission slip from mother for it.

To each his own, but I can see limiting actions that put others in jeopardy.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
I don't consider it a surrender, all the ones I have received did their job, never contracted anything serious.

Even the polio shots were voluntary, had a permission slip from mother for it.

To each his own, but I can see limiting actions that put others in jeopardy.
Oh, I agree they work and all my daughters were fully vaccinated (except my youngest declined Gardasil; her decision). But I think parents should have say over what happens to their children.

·
Registered
9,062 Posts
A friend of mine works at U.MASS Amherst, one of the kids brought COVID from home,

gave it to him, in turn his mother who is 86 and his sister.

This occurred in a lab class, only a dozen students in it. kid did not know he had it.

Mother was hardest hit was in intensive care for the last two weeks,

being transferred to a nursing facility to recover today from the after effect, very weak but COV is gone.

There were shots in the military, had no choice on them, but hated the air injector method used later after basic,

some of those guys doing them were sadistic bastards in my opinion, if not pressed tightly against the skin it made a hell of a mess.

going to foreign countries, they are a must, otherwise you don't get in.

Passport and shot records were a close knit couple in my flight bag.

Of course I did a couple of times pick up an STD in some wayward places that did not show up until I was home,

just called the Doc told him what it was he laughed, and then I picked up a script and brought it to the pharmacy,

some of the girls would give me a dirty look after reading it, there was no FAXING it over then, there was no FAX or even PC's.

Even navigation was by LORAN, no GPS, and used celestial navigation along with DF tuned to stations like Radio Habana.

Had a list of HF stations to DF off of. also used a chronometer. some planes had drift meters.

In some planes we had ADF, but they did not cover the HF frequencies which we or I used with their ground wave emission.

after a few times I got smart and cut out the adventures, plus I was then married, that stopped it, did not cheat, plenty of opportunity.

·
Registered
11,795 Posts
Today I am going to make a food run so I will be scoping things out. I know the usual suspects will be in short supply but I want to get a feel for the dry and can goods. Why do I always think of 1960's and 70's Russia when talking about going to the store these days?

·
Registered
764 Posts
Did an expensive Costco trip yesterday. they had some TP, and other paper products in - last time they were out. We didn't need any, but, bought a pack anyway. Prices have been going up. Even their gas isn't competitive with local grocery stores any longer...

Oh well...we used 4 Costco gift cards we got from our primary credit card rewards - no upcoming travel for us...so, didn't spend any "real" $$$

Ran out early this morning for shoe fillins' for St. Nicholas day tomorrow for the wife. Never really participated, or knew about that, before I hitched up with her. Also, I take cash out of our savings account every other week and store it in the safe..never know. May need paper for the fireplace when they make paper money more worthless than it currently is...

Peace,
Michael J.

·
Super Moderator
8,619 Posts
I shop both Sam's and Costco. Sam's is closer so I go there a little more often. Previously went there and TP and PT were gone. Yesterday they had a limited stock with only one per customer, which is what they've had for months. I'm canning meat so I went to pick some up. While the grocery stores all have price increases, Sam's has stayed pretty much the same.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Did an expensive Costco trip yesterday. they had some TP, and other paper products in - last time they were out. We didn't need any, but, bought a pack anyway. Prices have been going up. Even their gas isn't competitive with local grocery stores any longer...

Oh well...we used 4 Costco gift cards we got from our primary credit card rewards - no upcoming travel for us...so, didn't spend any "real" $$$

Ran out early this morning for shoe fillins' for St. Nicholas day tomorrow for the wife. Never really participated, or knew about that, before I hitched up with her. Also, I take cash out of our savings account every other week and store it in the safe..never know. May need paper for the fireplace when they make paper money more worthless than it currently is...

Peace,
Michael J.
Where do you get gas cheaper than Costco?

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
I shop both Sam's and Costco. Sam's is closer so I go there a little more often. Previously went there and TP and PT were gone. Yesterday they had a limited stock with only one per customer, which is what they've had for months. I'm canning meat so I went to pick some up. While the grocery stores all have price increases, Sam's has stayed pretty much the same.
No Sam's in Washington. I think there used to be a couple of them, but they closed.

·
Super Moderator
8,619 Posts
No Sam's in Washington. I think there used to be a couple of them, but they closed.
Costco tends to have higher end market items than Sam's. That's why we have both. There are certain things we buy at each. You can order online from Sam's and they will ship. In fact, some things you can buy online and can't get in the stores. Splenda in the pouches is one of those things as is my Crystal Light. I can't get either at Costco.

·
Registered
9,062 Posts
We have neither a Sam's Club or a Costco within 35 miles of us, kid orders some stuff on Amazon with prime, free shipping.

I can order stuff on line from the BJ's club but have to pay shipping, I don't use it.

I order some stuff online from Walmart, free pickup at store.

Splenda comes in 5 pound equivalent bags and individual packets (1,000 to box).

Myself, I use Equal in Packets for tea and Splenda in the bags for cooking.

I get Both at the BJ's club, they had the equal on sale a couple of months ago, bought 20 boxes (20,000 packets).

It was like four dollars a box.

·
Super Moderator
8,619 Posts
We have neither a Sam's Club or a Costco within 35 miles of us, kid orders some stuff on Amazon with prime, free shipping.

I can order stuff on line from the BJ's club but have to pay shipping, I don't use it.

I order some stuff online from Walmart, free pickup at store.
We are prime members also. Since the plandemic, suppliers at Amazon have raised many of their prices a lot. Sam's and Costco have not. So I shop around. With my Sam's membership I get free shipping and that has paid for itself, just as Prime has paid for itself in turn around time and shipping. I now shop at a variety of places because of rising prices where I used to buy mostly from Amazon.

i just am not a fan of shopping Costco online. They only show what's in the warehouse and not what's available in the store. Sam's shows both and I can order online and pick up in the parking lot if I choose to if it's available in the store. The only thing I don't do that for is for meat.

121 - 140 of 156 Posts