Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

61 - 80 of 156 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
We live in TX but also go to New Mexico a lot. The NM gov has limited big box stores to 75 customers at a time and shut down all mom and pop markets and stores. This bitch is in line for a cabinet post with Biden. She will tow the line to make herself look good to the DNC.
Now to the point of this post. The Sam's Club in Roswell, NM just sent a notice that it will close today until Dec.2 because of empty shelves!!!
It has started!!

·
Registered
139 Posts
When the manufactured covid crisis started, combined with election year BS, my wife saw the writing on the wall.
She quietly began increasing our one year supply of food and necessities to 3 years. Enough to get through riots and leftist activities.

Some things were fine already - we use one coffee filter per day, she hasn't bought any in 15 years and still has several thousand.
Toilet paper crisis? We had case after case after case out in the hay shed.

We are not "preppers ", we simply have common sense.

Living rurally, it is easier to order thru Walmart or Amazon and have it delivered to our gate than to drive into town and see bare shelves.
I married the perfect woman for me.

To borrow a line from the Internet: "Cute is out, you want a woman who can catch a chicken."
I got a woman who can shoot and clean a rabbits and cute, win win :vs_cool: at only 5' 100 lbs she is a firecracker on strength, abilities and willingness to learn.

Wally World in Port Angeles WA is well stocked nothing missing here.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
I got a woman who can shoot and clean a rabbits and cute, win win :vs_cool: at only 5' 100 lbs she is a firecracker on strength, abilities and willingness to learn.

Wally World in Port Angeles WA is well stocked nothing missing here.
Hey, there are a few of us from Washington on this site. The Woodinville Costco was out of paper products for at least two days last week. I haven't been to Walmart; it's out of the way for me.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Hey, there are a few of us from Washington on this site. The Woodinville Costco was out of paper products for at least two days last week. I haven't been to Walmart; it's out of the way for me.
Not from here, transferred here from Texas to be stationed here and was mistake. After 5 years I built my funds up left the service and moved to Montana a couple years ago. Now I'm just here getting my stuff out of storage now, $800 plus a trip 4 trips :vs_whistle:

·
Registered
139 Posts
Not food we would eat but I bet the termites are complaining on the prices of "food" lumber and especially plywood, poor folks starving cause we aren't feeding them. Using every piece as if gold and not leaving for them to eat :vs_laugh:

·
Super Moderator
3,016 Posts
A local small grocery chain had cases of Ball canning jars with lids and bands in stock yesterday. But no packages of lids only.
I checked on line for my local Walmart inventory. Same thing. Cases of jars complete with lids and bands in stock at mostly normal prices. So if you need jars, it appears that they are becoming available again and the prices are reasonable.

·
Registered
7,874 Posts
Went out to purchase a few more items at local grocery chain. Got what I wanted and decided to check TP to grab another llarge pack. All they had was 4 packs of "No tree TP". I passed.
LANSING, MICH. (WLNS) - If you're stocking up on food and supplies amid the second wave of the surge in coronavirus cases, retailers have a message for you: don't. "Michigan has an ample supply of food products and other items. But, when shoppers panic buy products like toilet paper, paper towel and other items, it creates a ripple effect within the supply chain," said Michigan Department of Agriculture and Rural Development
https://www.newsbreak.com/michigan/...pping-amid-second-wave-of-covid-19-case-surge

·
Registered
11,937 Posts
The Sams Club in Longview Texas, received a large shipment of paper products today, after being out for several days. Word was put out and the entire shipment was gone by noon.

Reactions: Slippy

·
Super Moderator
2,833 Posts
Went to the HEB the other day. No shortage or limit on anything. Prices were about the same too.

·
Banned
20,845 Posts
Me and Mrs S went to the Piggly Wiggly yesterday, prices seemed a bit higher according to Mrs S. But plenty of inventory of everything but paper products and certain higher end cuts of meat. We added some cans of soup and cans of veggies for our stores.

I did notice they had plenty of low end pork cuts like hog jowels and pigs feet as well as lots of chicken wings. And for some damn reason they had 4 kiosks of pickled eggs! You know, the ones in the Reddish Brine! That cracked me up! :tango_face_grin:

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Me and Mrs S went to the Piggly Wiggly yesterday, prices seemed a bit higher according to Mrs S. But plenty of inventory of everything but paper products and certain higher end cuts of meat. We added some cans of soup and cans of veggies for our stores.

I did notice they had plenty of low end pork cuts like hog jowels and pigs feet as well as lots of chicken wings. And for some damn reason they had 4 kiosks of pickled eggs! You know, the ones in the Reddish Brine! That cracked me up! :tango_face_grin:
I am now craving copious numbers of chicken wings at 8:50 in the AM. Thanks, Slippy!! :vs_wave:

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
I was at my usual supermarket today and it was fully stocked, actually for the first time since early last spring. The only things in short supply were toilet paper and liquid hand soap. Plenty of hams and turkeys, baking aisle fully stocked with flour and sugar. The meat prices were criminally high, though.

·
Banned
23,899 Posts
Thought I was going to go to the Dothan Sam’s, today. Heck, people should be at work at this time of day. Nope. Parking lot is crammed full.
Publix you a pretty full, too, but Wifey wanted to go in.
I’m staying in the car. She says I don’t play well in crowds.
We’ll try Sam’s again, tomorrow.

·
Registered
7,874 Posts
My gym was packed, haven't been there in a couple weeks due to things I don't agree with. I just drove by and didn't wave.

·
Registered
11,794 Posts
I went to Wally World Saturday and TP was gone. No high end meats, no cleaning shit at all. Here we go.

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
61 - 80 of 156 Posts