Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
5,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
She admitted to using the "N" word in the past. Now she gets called a racist. She is diagnosed with diabetes and is called a fat ass. If I had a dime for every time I was called a "White-ass racist Mother F****r at work I would be rich. Racism is ugly regardless of it's origin. Take a page from the bible and forgive. My ancestors came here from Germany and Norway way after slavery but somehow I'm responsible because of the color of my skin?! I believe that King, himself said something about the "content of their character and not the color of their skin." Black ladies don't even wave back at me. (The men usually do though). I work very hard to tear down stereotypes, It's time we all did. We are all one. E Pluribus Unum. I have me a hankering for one of Paula's awesome chess pies!

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
She admitted to using the "N" word in the past. Now she gets called a racist. She is diagnosed with diabetes and is called a fat ass. If I had a dime for every time I was called a "White-ass racist Mother F****r at work I would be rich. Racism is ugly regardless of it's origin. Take a page from the bible and forgive. My ancestors came here from Germany and Norway way after slavery but somehow I'm responsible because of the color of my skin?! I believe that King, himself said something about the "content of their character and not the color of their skin." Black ladies don't even wave back at me. (The men usually do though). I work very hard to tear down stereotypes, It's time we all did. We are all one. E Pluribus Unum. I have me a hankering for one of Paula's awesome chess pies!
It is the bleeding heart liberal in Hollywierd to blame for this.. The executives at the networks are as liberal as they come.. God forbid someone says something to offend someone.. I am from the south and the N word growing up was part of our regular language.. We have become WAY to ****in PC and it is only gettin worse!!!!

·
Senior Member R.I.P.
2,886 Posts
She also failed to show at two TV appearances this week in NYC. Not a good way to represnt yourself or FoodNetwork. And last week she was scheduled to do some show taping at the FoodNetwork studios in NYC & failed to show. FoodNetwork could probably come up with a dozen reasons to fire her.

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
So where did this info come from?
Someone with something to gain, I'd guess.
She is a southern girl, things like that were said back then, and why is it offensive when a white person says the N word, but not when said by a black??

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
So where did this info come from?
Someone with something to gain, I'd guess.
She is a southern girl, things like that were said back then, and why is it offensive when a white person says the N word, but not when said by a black??
Welcome to New America!

·
Administrator
15,022 Posts
She is a jerk on several different levels. This was just one. She was never allowed into our living room.
Good riddance.

·
Registered
8,068 Posts
It is the bleeding heart liberal in Hollywierd to blame for this.. The executives at the networks are as liberal as they come.. God forbid someone says something to offend someone.. I am from the south and the N word growing up was part of our regular language.. We have become WAY to ****in PC and it is only gettin worse!!!!
Of course you are correct sir. But it seems that political correctness is the way we are now. We can fight it, but there is no way to win that fight. Or we can accept it and use it as an opportunity to more accurately define new pejoratives describing groups of losers based on any criteria we want. For example, here are a few Inor-isms that I use to describe groups of folks that I do not like:

Apple-Juice-Drinker - A corporate "yes man", usually a metro-sexual and a liberal weenie.

Window-Licker - A metro-sexual corporate "yes man" that is not too bright. In other words, an Apple-Juice-Drinker that rides the short bus.

Mouth-Breather - One of those people that is so damn stupid that all they are good for is taking up space and getting in the way. Used in a sentence: "I was stuck behind a Mouth-Breather on the moving sidewalk at the airport today. When the moving sidewalk came to an end, he just stood there looking around like he didn't know if he was on foot or horseback. Hell, I had to punch him in the junk just to get past and make my flight."

Every cloud has a silver lining...

·
Registered
7,954 Posts
The "N" word means ignorant person, or acting ignorant

African/American means a person born in Africa, that has emigrated to an America. Per Whoppi Goldberg, persons calling themselves an A/A that were born in America , fit the definition of the "N" word.

·
Registered
5,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I know there are other issues between her and the Food channel. I'm just tired of what I perceive to be a double standard. Even in commercials it's OK to make fun of the white guy. Just the latest example was the insurance company commercial where the Hispanic construction foreman tells the black worker that his white friend Randy is essentially a lost cause. Had Randy been a minority I doubt it would have flown. Hip-Hop and rap music are replete with examples disparaging whites. Paula Deen apologized and it seems pretty sincere. She'll get no mercy, no second chance and no consideration.

"I want to apologize to everybody for the wrong that I've done," Deen said in the first video statement. "I want to learn and grow from this. Inappropriate and hurtful language is totally, totally unacceptable. I've made plenty of mistakes along the way but I beg you, my children, my team, my fans, my partners, I beg for your forgiveness."

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
I know there are other issues between her and the Food channel. I'm just tired of what I perceive to be a double standard. Even in commercials it's OK to make fun of the white guy. Just the latest example was the insurance company commercial where the Hispanic construction foreman tells the black worker that his white friend Randy is essentially a lost cause. Had Randy been a minority I doubt it would have flown. Hip-Hop and rap music are replete with examples disparaging whites. Paula Deen apologized and it seems pretty sincere. She'll get no mercy, no second chance and no consideration.

"I want to apologize to everybody for the wrong that I've done," Deen said in the first video statement. "I want to learn and grow from this. Inappropriate and hurtful language is totally, totally unacceptable. I've made plenty of mistakes along the way but I beg you, my children, my team, my fans, my partners, I beg for your forgiveness."
Seems to me that almost EVERY commercial has to have a black and white person in it.. And the big ones like McD's and Wally World seems to have one of every race they can find.. Even the smaller ones are using black and white mixed couples or a white family with a black kid.. It's like everything needs to be 50/50 but the black population is only like 14-17% percent or something like that the last I heard. So it's not like they are spending 50%!! Hell, most are in the "poor neighborhoods" and collecting government benefits. Look at Hurricane Katrina most couldn't even afford the gas to leave town from what they say..

·
Senior Member R.I.P.
2,886 Posts
No public apology till FoodNetwork tells her her contract won't be renewed. Timing? And now has public lawsuit about a hostile work environment due in part to racial slurs at her restaurant.

But she had already lost alot of her following when it came out she was diabetic. For a year hid that yet still pushed her fattening foods.

Wonder how much it cost FoodNetwork each time they set up with all the employees to tape shows & she doesn't show.

And I'm sure the few advertizing endorsements she has will soon disappear.

·
Registered
24,350 Posts
It's wrong to use the word ****** but foul language is glorified, nowadays.

Being P.C. is in, being decent, on the other hand, is not.

Take note, I am not endorsing the notion of calling people *******, I am simply taking note of the hypocrisy. No need in getting all in this cfracker's grill.

·
Administrator
15,022 Posts

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
I'm sure she doesn't need the money. It just ticks me off how people get so upset if you offend someone...It's like there is a list of words that if you use one of them you are labeled a racist,homophobe or whatever.. The PC police would have me under the prison if they were to come around my place!!If I didn't shoot em and toss em in a coulee first!

1 - 20 of 54 Posts