Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yall don't laugh at me...but it hit me the other day that there are several sites on the web that offer "Free Samples", and let's face it, I'm cheap at times. So, when I've had some spare time here lately, I spend about 10-15 minutes signing up for anything "Free" that I think could be used...and not cost me but my time and spam mail in doing it. It'll go in a box for later use.

Today for example: I received two Energy bars in the mail, they'd work out great in a BOB or glovebox of your truck. I've signed up for coffee samples, lotion, even baby starter kits w/powdered milk samples, vitamins..personal care products, shampoos, dog treats...etc.

Just a thought...

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
It can pay off, especially if you have the time. Also, the receipts from a lot of stores have the "online surveys", and somebody has to win, so I have been saving all my dollar general receipts and about once a week fill them out. I wouldn't dare call you cheap, just conservative...and smart.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
The danger with getting free samples or buying stuff off the web is that once they've got your name and address you're liable to be hit by email spam and even worse:- paper catalogs and newspapers through the post.
For example I bought a pair of shoes off the web last year and then kept getting sent catalogs through the post from not only the shoe company, but also from companies i'd never heard of because they'd circulated my name/address to a bunch of other companies.
I was getting snowed under with so many thick catalogs (a total waste of trees) that i told them not to send any more but they ignored me!
In the end I had to pose as a relative and tell them I was dead to successfully get them stopped!

·
Registered
28 Posts
On the bright side, all of the free samples can only pay off if you happen to move house frequently like I do. All of the junk ends up at the other location and you'll have yourself some free equipment.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Free samples are life savers too. When my job got slow and hours cut all I had to worry about was rent food and light bill.i had a box full of soap,shampoo,toothpaste and other things.i still ask for freebies and stock up on them.i take the baby formula and starter kits to the women and children shelter where I know theyll be put to good use.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LOL...now I don't feel so crazy for doing it. Funny thing is, those two energy bars I mentioned tasted like horseshyt...lol Nothing doing but the kids found them and had to have one. So...they got a big ole bite expecting a sweet candybar taste and I think both tried to puke after it overwith. I'm one of them good mommas that sits there laughing uncontrollably and pointing...! "Get you another bite!"

·
Registered
887 Posts
Yall don't laugh at me...but it hit me the other day that there are several sites on the web that offer "Free Samples", and let's face it, I'm cheap at times. So, when I've had some spare time here lately, I spend about 10-15 minutes signing up for anything "Free" that I think could be used...and not cost me but my time and spam mail in doing it. It'll go in a box for later use.

Today for example: I received two Energy bars in the mail, they'd work out great in a BOB or glovebox of your truck. I've signed up for coffee samples, lotion, even baby starter kits w/powdered milk samples, vitamins..personal care products, shampoos, dog treats...etc.

Just a thought...
Better to use a disposable email account when doing such.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts