1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
24,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
I have been saying from the get go that Japan is lying to everyone!! How can people be so ****ing stupid to think that everything there is fine and dandy?!?

·
Registered
965 Posts
I couldn't believe the stupidity of the people who decided it was a good idea to build nuclear power plants on the beach in JAPAN. Tsunami is a Jap word for chrissakes.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I find it Ironic our country has all but suspended reactor building cause the tree hugers don't want the pollution and yet we get it from people who could care less about the world...Once again Americans sacrifice with high energy prices to keep our country clean and the rest of the world shits on us.....

·
Registered
24,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
True, but what is the preparation for those on the West Coast who are probably already being affected by the contamination? If animals are being affected, how would humans not be?

Do you believe our food supply is contaminated and those who do not live on the western side are also in danger of being harmed?

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
I find it Ironic our country has all but suspended reactor building cause the tree hugers don't want the pollution and yet we get it from people who could care less about the world...Once again Americans sacrifice with high energy prices to keep our country clean and the rest of the world shits on us.....
IMO, the whole continent of Asia couldn't give a rats ass about pollution or anything else about the environment for that matter. Hell, they will decimate an entire population of sharks just for their fins. Check this out.
https://www.google.com/search?q=sha...aughter-of-sharks-is-unsustainable%2F;870;430

I'm not a tree hugger by any means but Asians over fish,over populate and over whatever else they want.

·
Registered
24,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think the entire world is going to be harmed.
Yeah, it looks like all of North America could be in trouble.

The only precautions I can think of is to not eat Pacific seafood and to eat veggies grown on the eastern side of the country.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
I have to ask how will we tell the difference between radioactive mutants and the other weird stuff that comes out of California?
You have a point!

·
Registered
24,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Why was I recently singled out as being a smart-ass? It is my opinion that if there is one thing that is not in short supply here, it is a sense of humor and the quick wit that makes it a tad biting. :D

·
Registered
24,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
2 sides to every story! You should never just read one article, everything you read has an agenda! =) That said...
True facts about Ocean Radiation and the Fukushima Disaster | Deep Sea News
OK, then what is it that is causing havoc with everything from orcas to sea lions to starfish to bald eagles to the amount of dead material on the sea floor to etc...
Something sure seems a bit askew, to me.
Call me a skeerdy-cat, but I am not eating anything that comes out of the Pacific any more than I will that which comes out of the Gulf of Mexico, nowadays.

Better cautious than ill and dying, I say.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Yeah, it looks like all of North America could be in trouble.

The only precautions I can think of is to not eat Pacific seafood and to eat veggies grown on the eastern side of the country.
The problem I sea :)razz:) with that is there aren't any walls in the ocean? What's to keep pacific seafood in the pacific? What's to keep the radiation in the pacific? A large portion of the countries produce is grown in the Central Valley. And moisture evaporating from the pacific is what causes rain over the majority of the country from the northwest all the way to the east coast.
I think the japs really ****ed us on this one, and I don't think iodine pills will save us.

·
Premium Member
4,931 Posts
I don't completely believe either one of these articles. hehe I just don't like articles to be presented without a challenged argument.

The Starfish disease that they say could be from radiation has been found for years before the meltdown on the west and east coast. lol But it sure did sound good for their list!

·
Super Moderator
9,641 Posts
Why was I recently singled out as being a smart-ass? It is my opinion that if there is one thing that is not in short supply here, it is a sense of humor and the quick wit that makes it a tad biting. :D
Uh, excuse me but WE (as in a number of us) make sure being a smart-ass is an art form. You should not be singled out. Like the Borg, this a collective effort. Thank you very much :wink:

·
Registered
24,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I don't completely believe either one of these articles. hehe I just don't like articles to be presented without a challenged argument.

The Starfish disease that they say could be from radiation has been found for years before the meltdown on the west and east coast. lol But it sure did sound good for their list!
Yes, here is an article that points out that this isn't the first time.
California and the Nation - ?Melting? Starfish Washing up All Along the Coast - Ca - News

That there is no indication that radiation is the direct cause of the aliment does not mean the disruption of the ecosystem by the Pacific disaster isn't indirectly responsible.
The disease has been noted before, in Southern California back in the mid-'80s, according to the Santa Rosa Press Democrat. That one nearly wiped out all the starfish in the area during El Niño. But it was always more localized. This outbreak is not only occurring from Orange County to Alaska on the West Coast of the nation.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts