Administrator
14,696 Posts
This is The South.
Things are different down here.

·
Registered
10,596 Posts
https://www.redstate.com/brandon_morse/2020/09/22/desantis-riot-law/

FL residents, might be time to mount some chain link fence on the PU brush guard/grill :tango_face_grin:
It would be highly astounding if there wasnt laws already on the books too cover the crimes if anybody cared to enforce em and keep their recutms locked up. Gitmo will work. Martial Law is the only remedy I see on the horizon for most most Blue States. The governor of Texas has indicated he wlll send state police to take over non funcitonal blue police depts in Texss..starting with Austin and moving to Dallas and Houston if needed. He seems serious. The Texas DPS could dump five thousand Troopers off at the Capitol to kick some butt in an every widening circle. lol.

·
Registered
47 Posts
To avert personal injury and in the process a protester or 2 or 3 is injured with the protection of this Florida law, what would be the concern in civil court? Honest question.

·
Registered
8,368 Posts
To avert personal injury and in the process a protester or 2 or 3 is injured with the protection of this Florida law, what would be the concern in civil court? Honest question.
You may not be charged criminally, but civil court is a whole other ball of wax. And it costs money to retain lawyers, pay legal fees, file paperwork, take time off of work....

·
Registered
11,795 Posts
To bad there aren't more Governors like DeSantis. This country is out of control.

·
Administrator
14,696 Posts
As expected, “activists “ are already protesting this is a violation of the First Amendment.

·
Registered
12,441 Posts
It is common sense. I decided long ago that such was proper action and I would take my chances in Court. Apparently not all politicians are twits.

Reactions: SGG and Michael_Js

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
If it wasn't so damn hot and the place wasn't wrecked by hurricanes every couple years, I would think about moving.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts