Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
SureFire. Combat proven quality.
spend the extra get the rechargeable battery option

oh it doubles as a "weapon" this is so bright it will blind, temporary.. but still a nasty experience

Reactions: ThirtydaZe

·
Registered
686 Posts
Surefire, Streamlight, Fenix and a host of less expensive brands...You get what you pay for also! I'd say buyer beware on anything under 30-50 dollars.

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
I bought this Coleman at Wal-Mart for... you guessed it, $30.
I've had it for 4 years or more and it has apparently been superseded by newer models as it is shown on walmart and amazon sights as no longer available. I would not hesitate to buy the newer models if needed. Like a couple of the reviews on amazon, the head came loose before I realized it and I lost the ball bearing and guide plate that makes a notch setting for each color selection. I put it back together without the missing parts and it adjusts without the notch settings, it just slides now. Now that I know it needs it, I open it and keep it tightened from time to time. I use it on the job at work everyday. I know I have dropped this light a hundred times, usually on pavement or marble floors. I have dropped it and run over it with my caravan in our gravel driveway twice that I can remember. It still works everyday and I call that a good light.

Coleman Cree XLamp XR-E LED Multi-Color Flashlight, 3 "AAA": Camping : Walmart.com

Coleman MAX Cree XLamp XR-E LED Multi-Color Flashlight 3 AAA - Amazon.com

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
I have a Nebo Redline that is supposed to be 220 lumens. It was very bright when I first bought it but, after 2 years it is not nearly as bright as it used to be.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
For what it is worth a head lamp is much more valuable then a flashlight. With a modern head lamp you can do any thing in the dark that you can do in the day time. A head lamp lights just where you are looking, any other light is wasted and try to work on something while holding a flashlight and yes some flashlights can be strapped on like a head lamp but they usually don't do as good. Another words a headlamp makes a better flashlight then vice versa.

·
Banned
21,290 Posts
For headlamps I like Princeton Tec, although I have had some cheap models that work fine for a couple of years. I've got a Stanley headlamp (19.99) that I bought at Wally World a few years ago and I cannot kill the damn thing. It goes in my travel backpack and works every time.
LED Headlamps at REI - FREE SHIPPING With no minimum purchase.

For tactical lights, Surefire or Insight Technology. The Insight fits on my S&W M&P's, Surefire on my shotgun. I have a cheap pressure switch light mounted to one of my AR's. Don't remember the brand and too comfy in the chair watching football to look. Lights up the night though.
Welcome to Surefire
Public Safety & Sporting - Weapon Lights

I have 5 or 6 Maglights around the house and at least four solar flashlights. I also buy cheap LED's to throw in my truck for various things like locking gates at night or looking for loose change or whatever etc.

·
Super Moderator
9,178 Posts
What do you want out of a flashlight, area lighting, long beam??? Can't think of any one flashlight that does it all.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i was basically looking for some good reputable brands. I've been pointed in the right direction i think.

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
Reactions: rickkyw1720pf

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
I have a 500 lumens sure fire and I absolutely impressed with it. Have had it for two years now. I have a clamp that will connect to multiple different barrels. Very bright and heavey duty.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts