Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Looks like I am good at least for this list??

·
Registered
292 Posts
I wish I could give real advise but the kind of ideas I have are not too neighborly, I take care of my own first I'm more willing to do what it takes to survive than shane on the walking dead I agreed with everything he did because it meant survival, thats why I made that clip and it was banned in some countires to give an idea of what you might have to be like it it comes down to it. I warn people now if they don't care about the lives of thier families at least enought to take a few hours to look into what I tell them to look into, then I don't care about their families live either. Thats on THEM, my family is on ME

·
Registered
104 Posts
Im going to take a look.. while I agree that having a small "community" that preps together, you cant be responsible for other adults if they cant be responsible for themselves. I have a family that I have to provide for first and for most. Besides me and my husband, I have 4 kids, two of which depend on me 110% for everything. To me, my family comes first. Ill protect them and what they need to survive with my life...

·
Registered
369 Posts
Luckily, we live in a fairly remote area and it is my hope that it will be a while before looters will find us. There are other more populated towns between the major cities near us. We are 30 miles from one and 60 miles from another so I am hoping that we may be left alone, at least for a while.

·
Registered
7,968 Posts
I've been busy digging some holes. They can be used for shelter, root cellar, or gas storage. I just know my shooting berm needed more sand for the holiday festivities.

·
Registered
6 Posts
While this awareness is good it is VERY situational. Someone in a small town, big city, suburbia and rural living will have different pro's and con's for how to deal with these situations.

IMO the 1st and 5th are virtually the same. The difference is YOU broke the OP SEC side of things with said co-worker. It is MUCH more likely that this would be reversed and the neighbor would be the nay-sayer and the coworker just starving looking to keep it's family alive. Coworkers will know I am a sportsman, home brewer (best and easiest water purification process known to man it just is not fast!) and that is about it. This gives me PLENTY of work safe topics without having to mention prepping...

I would NEVER talk to people away from my immediate vicinity unless they were close friends or relatives. MOST preppers that have any sort of decent plan will try to get the neighbors involved in prepping to some extent; it is easier to bond as a community than stand as individuals. Not to mention if you have multiple families doing this it can be a decent "fall back/regroup plan" to head to a neighbors house should some really bad stuff come your way, like Scorpion in a hummer with a browning 50 cal or a Gatling gun...or worse...but you need to stockpile extra in case it happens to them...

The worst/hardest part is going to be having to turn away lazy good for nothing relatives that just "show up". IMO that should have been on the list. You may talk a big talk but when they are starving, screwed up and AT YOUR FRONT DOOR WITH KIDS, you need a plan long before they show.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Let's not forget the neighbor who sends their small children out looting because they're more likely to get away with it and less likely to be shot.

Great article. I've given up on talking prepping with others. It always goes in one ear and out the other. I also don't want people knowing we've got supplies stashed.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts