Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm reading up on this, hear that you can use these like regular human antibiotics without harm (Although some websites say differently). I'm sure we'll start seeing a lot of MRSA cases in the world now!

·
Registered
693 Posts
I like horse tranquilizers.... :lol:

I do take a multi-vitamin daily and I recommend people do that now while they are available, should SHTF occur we could definitely help ourselves with a good stockpile of vitamins!

·
Registered
16 Posts
There is much talk on the interent about toxins in fish meds. The truth is , fish mox,.....is Amoxicillin. Look at the ingredients. no mystery.

The manufacturers of fda regulated drugs have launched a web based smear campaign to discourage the use of animal medications by humans. Its all a money issue, when in fact, antibiotics like amoxcillin is amoxcillin, is amoxcillin, no matter what packaging it comes in. Just read the contents.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Great thread. I guess the biggest part that people need to realize is that MRSA is going to be a huge factor for the X generation in nursing homes and in hospitals since many people will not take them correctly to kill "All" the infection when they are feeling better. I guess thats why they regulate it, so that doctors can tell the patient that they have to take all the dosage and not miss any.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Livestock

Where I live the farmers talk about taking their livestock antibiotics when they don't feel like going to the doctor. It's penicillin just not suspended in a solution. I'm not suggesting you do that, I'm just telling you what I've heard. :shock:

·
Registered
8 Posts
My husband is a pharmacist

My husband is a pharmacist and the brand we have bought to keep on hand is exactly the same thing that he puts in patient's pill bottles. Same pills, same company, same manufacture line. He cross checks the pill markings and lot numbers. They are exactly the same. Laws in this country do not allow pills to carry the same 'mark' as another pill, so if it's marked with the human brand, it's the same pill. They just sell them to vet supply companies for animal use as well. The only thing you need to know is the dosage for an adult versus a child etc, and what kinds of infections they are used for. Amoxicillin won't treat all bacterial infections, for instance. We have stockpiled Amoxicillin, Ciproflaxin, and Sulfamethoxaole/Trimethoprim (comes as a combo). Additionally, antibiotics have a much longer shelf life than drug manufacturers will advertise. A study, (Which has not been widely publicized for obvious reasons), found that ten year old antibiotics in sealed and properly stored conditions were still effective at 10 years past their manufacture date. If you hunt for the study you can find it.

·
Registered
296 Posts
So does any one know of some antibiotics,Such as the fish and horse ones that do NOT have any "Cillins" In them?

I am allergic to all of them amox pene all of it?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts