Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oh my god I need a drink. NO screw that, I need to be sedated and locked up in a rubber room. So damn mad right now.

Ok so I had this guy drew doing the lawn, past like five years or more. Yeah more. He knows very good and well that our manicured raised bed back yard is a garden with all sorts of edibles. It was a little weedy and I haven't been touching it touching it to let the stuff mixed in get bigger. It was very visible- dill, basil, mostly herb this year. Inside of wooden-lined beds mind you. I come out there today to water and this moron weed whacked EVERYTHING down. I mean tomatoes, (with fruit on the vines) cabbages, collards, carrots, turnips, FULL GROWN HEADS OF LETTUCE yep, whacked every bit of it down, didn't even bother cleaning up the mess. Every weed he was told to whack he never touched. So now all I have are weeds I don't want and I'd say about a grand in damages after I shelled out at least 350 in compost and manure. Everything but my fruit trees and blueberry bushes are gone, chop suey. :vs_mad:

I call him. No answer. I go outside and look closer. He even cut down full grown irises, morning glories and lilies. Jesus Harold Christ on a bicycle. It was like this guy was trying his hardest to get fired. So I shot a text that was the single stupidest thing I have ever seen a landscaper do and I've had some bad ones. He's fired. He texts me back well dang that sucks man um what can we do to work out a solution? I pretty much stood up and if I had a dog I would have kicked it. I send him back NOPE, if you can't tell what is a weed and what is not we can't use you. You're fired, done deal don't bother coming back.

See this is why I am loathe to use tree trimmers or anything else like them because to hammers everything looks like a nail. Everything. He heard cut the weeds and he went end to end mowing to the ground anything the color green. Ruined my preps for this season. I mean I have stuff inside but part of my plan is the wealth I have in the back yard. No more, if I want it back I'm waiting till I can plant again I'm tilling and shelling out more damn $$$ for seed, young plants and bulbs. Good god.

So how's your day going?

·
Registered
11,937 Posts
Yep, that's a real pisser Leon. Perhaps he had been smoking some herb himself?

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
Sorry you have to deal with this, the person you hired may have sent a new guy to do the work, not spending any time to explain the dos and don'ts, I'm a general contractor and I hire many subs, I am solely responsible for their work, in your situation you really don't have any recourse, you can't fix stupid, no one to fall back on, best advice I can give is obviously find another landscaper and make darn sure he is understanding what the difference is between a ragweed and a cabbage. Good luck...

·
Registered
4,678 Posts
a few years ago - the village hired a dumbshit guy for the extra summer work .... put him on a tractor to mow the weeds in vacant building lots around the various subdivisions .... local resident pulls in the village maintenance yard and tells the super to go check on his tractor jockey - he was 2-3 acres into mowing down a 40 acre field of soybeans - "I was wondering why the weeds grew in strait rows" ....

·
Banned
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry you have to deal with this, the person you hired may have sent a new guy to do the work, not spending any time to explain the dos and don'ts, I'm a general contractor and I hire many subs, I am solely responsible for their work, in your situation you really don't have any recourse, you can't fix stupid, no one to fall back on, best advice I can give is obviously find another landscaper and make darn sure he is understanding what the difference is between a ragweed and a cabbage. Good luck...
Yep this guy was a single dude been working for us for years, IMHO he knew better. I fired him right off after seeing that, that was stupid.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Unless you really don't want to see him, ever, ever, ever again, I'd call him back. I'd explain how absolutely bullshit his actions made you react in the moment. I'd let him know the dollar damage he cost and see if he's willing to comp you the value over the rest of the season. Personally, the thought of not recouping some money would make me crazy. 1K is a damn lot of money, but that's just me. Doesn't sound like there's anything left to destroy and maybe he can find a way to make things right going forward.

That said, if you think you might just shoot him on sight ... disregard the above :p

·
Banned
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Unless you really don't want to see him, ever, ever, ever again, I'd call him back. I'd explain how absolutely bullshit his actions made you react in the moment. I'd let him know the dollar damage he cost and see if he's willing to comp you the value over the rest of the season. Personally, the thought of not recouping some money would make me crazy. 1K is a damn lot of money, but that's just me. Doesn't sound like there's anything left to destroy and maybe he can find a way to make things right going forward.

That said, if you think you might just shoot him on sight ... disregard the above :p
I dunno about shoot him but like spray him with a hose? Yeah.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
@Leon I feel your pain man. Anybody who gardens knows the blood sweat and tears that goes into growing veggies. If you happen to be in Ohio July August you can stop by and we will load you up with some good homegrown veg.

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
Reactions: hawgrider

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
Im looking on the bright side.

Dont get your panties in a wad like them "snowflakes" as you guys call them.
take a flying Fxxxx .

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
Reactions: A Watchman

·
Registered
76 Posts
It sounds like some hippie, that calls himself a gardener, that smokes too much pot who got behind a weed eater. I am sorry for your loss. That sucks.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts