Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dating in 2022 boils down to endlessly swiping at your phone at 4am sending messages by breakfast then getting ghosted the rest of the day.

Did you know that single people live shorter lives on average? Having a partner is literally life and death.

If you are single what kind of partner are you looking for? If you have somebody, what makes then a good survival partner and where did you meet?

What do you guys think will finding love be easier or harder when SHTF?

·
Super Moderator
1-6 months, natural disasters or economic collapse
10,855 Posts
Well, your pool of prospective candidates will be drastically reduced. Similar to 100-ish years ago, you'll know the families in your immediate area, and parents will likely attempt matchmaking between each other.
For those under the delusion, allow me to clarify... there is no "perfect match".
"Love at first sight" is called infatuation. That's not love. Making lifelong decisions based on infatuation will, and has, lead to heartbreak and deep feelings of betrayal.

Love only grows out of a commitment to make another's life better. Seeking a relationship for one's own enjoyment and pleasure is the first step toward a bad relationship.
Find a person who's good to their family. That's a big indicator of whether they will be good to your potential kids.
I know it's not as magical as fairy tales make it out to be, but you can learn to love just about anyone if you actually commit to making a good life with someone, and they do the same.

·
Registered
10,202 Posts
Well, your pool of prospective candidates will be drastically reduced. Similar to 100-ish years ago, you'll know the families in your immediate area, and parents will likely attempt matchmaking between each other.
On the flip side, your 'competition' will be reduced as well.

For those under the delusion, allow me to clarify... there is no "perfect match".
"Love at first sight" is called infatuation. That's not love. Making lifelong decisions based on infatuation will, and has, lead to heartbreak and deep feelings of betrayal.
I have no doubt there actually is a 'perfect match' for everyone. However, given it's statistically at 1 in 8billion, finding that one is gonna be a tough job.

Love only grows out of a commitment to make another's life better. Seeking a relationship for one's own enjoyment and pleasure is the first step toward a bad relationship.
Find a person who's good to their family. That's a big indicator of whether they will be good to your potential kids.
I know it's not as magical as fairy tales make it out to be, but you can learn to love just about anyone if you actually commit to making a good life with someone, and they do the same.
Those last five words are the keystone. Any relationship where one person works to improve themself while the other is 'just along for the ride' is doomed to fail.

·
Administrator
15,668 Posts
If you are single what kind of partner are you looking for? If you have somebody, what makes then a good survival partner and where did you meet?
I'm 74, wife is 76, both of us have been married before. In December of this year we will celebrate 33 years of marriage.
We met at our part time, evening job. We both worked full time day jobs, too.

We both were raised by parents who lived thru the Great Depression and then World War Two. They taught us valuable lessons, and we both lived a lifestyle as children that would be considered "prepping" today. But, that was normal life for us, and most of our peers.
We were/are both working class folks, nothing flashy. One of the initial attractions for me, besides her personality, was I could tell right off the bat that she wasn't a "high maintenance female."

Our kids are long gone, and they have kids of their own. It's just her and me, 24/7/365. That can pose unique problems.
A good marriage takes work. It requires compromise. A LOT of compromise. Have we argued? Once in a while, but I wouldn't call it a fight. Things can get ugly if the partners will not back down, will not concede, will not compromise.
It helps that neither one of us drinks alcohol or uses drugs. Both of those things can make people behave unlike their normal self.

I love her more than life itself, I literally would die for her. And as a combat veteran I know exactly what those words mean.
When you find a woman you would sacrifice your life for she's a keeper. I firmly believe, with all my heart, that God brought my wife and I together.

I sincerely hope you find the partner that's right for you.

Reactions: Kauboy and modfan

·
Registered
236 Posts
Dating in 2022 boils down to endlessly swiping at your phone at 4am sending messages by breakfast then getting ghosted the rest of the day.
Don't forget endlessly "hooking up."

Did you know that single people live shorter lives on average? Having a partner is literally life and death.
No one gets out life, live...

If you are single what kind of partner are you looking for?
One I won't want to get rid of in 2 weeks to 6 months... Honestly, I don't care anymore, people my age have too much baggage and lives of their own and well the younger generation... I don't much care for.

Easier, I will have a food, shelter and, defense. Everyone who is desperate will "fall in love with me." to survive. Sad but true.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts