Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm storing water up now. I have the chance to store it by either getting the water out of tap or from a filtered office water tank. My question is, do I go with the tap because of the chemicals to make it stay fresh longer or go with the filtered because it has filtered out the chlorine and other stuff?

·
Registered
369 Posts
We have no choice here but filtered water. The city water is so hard you can't even cook with it. Coffee and tea comes out like mud. We have an RO filter for our drinking water. I think no matter which one you use, after long term storage it will need to be treated and re oxygenated.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm gaining the motto for any water after teotwawki is to boil it, strain it, then do it again! Whew! :shock:

·
Registered
693 Posts
I live in a city that actually has some of the best water in the nation. That was until we had floods last year and the supply got contaminated, they had to formally issue a DO NOT DRINK ordnance to the city. Which is when people started going nuts. I saw SUVs stocked to the roof with cases of water when this was announced. It was actually what woke me up to prepping on the small stage, finding people like you guys keeps me sane about it.

I would use a filter, couldn't hurt could it? If you have an RO unit don't forget to change your filters and membranes!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts