Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The wife and I have always looked at taking care of the family during a TIME OF TROUBLE (think biblical mark of beast, unable to buy or sell without a mark - bread cost a days labor) as very important...

LATELY we have picked up the pace and been filling in holes. more cooking oil, more canned meat, more spices....

seems everything is bad news
russian into ukraine
china looking at taiwan
even the main stream media is talking food shortages
increased gas cost
increased food costs
inflation and more inflation
dollar is worth less and looking at being closer to worthless
stock market is down again

one of the youtube folks I watch for real estate and investing news has lately been talking about prepping and inflation... it is like he has discovered being prepared is a thing...

anyway.. we have really been looking at holes that need to be filled

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
One of the things about filling holes is knowing what you have and where you want to go. First step in the journey is knowing what you have

·
Super Moderator
State of Grace
7,027 Posts
It's good you're filling in the gaps....You're making me think of the story about Hans Brinker. Do you remember the Dutch Boy with his finger in the dike?

You don't think we're anywhere near that time though (mark of the beast), do you?

·
Registered
7,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's good you're filling in the gaps....You're making me think of the story about Hans Brinker. Do you remember the Dutch Boy with his finger in the dike?

You don't think we're anywhere near that time though (mark of the beast), do you?
There has to be a war and a confirmed covenant before mark of the beast... but I think we are close... many think that Russia and turkey play a major part in the war of Gog and magog

·
Registered
Medical and Health
20 Posts
The wife and I have always looked at taking care of the family during a TIME OF TROUBLE (think biblical mark of beast, unable to buy or sell without a mark - bread cost a days labor) as very important...

LATELY we have picked up the pace and been filling in holes. more cooking oil, more canned meat, more spices....

seems everything is bad news
russian into ukraine
china looking at taiwan
even the main stream media is talking food shortages
increased gas cost
increased food costs
inflation and more inflation
dollar is worth less and looking at being closer to worthless
stock market is down again

one of the youtube folks I watch for real estate and investing news has lately been talking about prepping and inflation... it is like he has discovered being prepared is a thing...

anyway.. we have really been looking at holes that need to be filled
How do you store cooking oil for the long term? That stuff goes bad quickly.

·
Registered
7,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How do you store cooking oil for the long term? That stuff goes bad quickly.
Heat has a huge effect, one long-term study found that olive oil stored at 59F barely had any changes to rancidity even after 3 years. When stored at 70F, the olive oils were still mostly okay after 3 years. But, when stored at 98.6F, the oils went rancid within just 6-8 months, even though they were not exposed to air or light.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I visualize myself going through a normal day and prep from there. I get up, alarm clock, shower, soap, hot water toothpaste shave gear etc. and prep from there. I have an old school safety razor, 1000 blades and a bunch of shave soap. I’ll be clean shaven for years if I so choose. Food, well I’ll eat for a few years at least.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts