Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
5,624 Posts
I wouldn't worry too much. For during several decades I used to target shoot with a lot of local police officers. They knew my name, they handled my firearms, and I even invited some to a party at my old home several years ago. I've had so many 4473 forms that it was easier to run a check on me than to find my phone number.

Old adage: If they wanted you, you'd be in handcuffs now...

·
Registered
12,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wouldn't worry too much. For during several decades I used to target shoot with a lot of local police officers. They knew my name, they handled my firearms, and I even invited some to a party at my old home several years ago. I've had so many 4473 forms that it was easier to run a check on me than to find my phone number.

Old adage: If they wanted you, you'd be in handcuffs now...
So cops were running back ground checks on you and FFL dealers were good with that when you were buying a firearm?

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
They always have had a list . And ATF has a list and serial number of every firearm purchased when a back round check was done.

·
Registered
12,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Pot will probably be legal before we get a lottery.
I thought every state had a lottery? Easy money for the state. I have no problem with pot being legalized either. Of course, I do have a problem with all govt being in charge of things that should be left to us.

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
Lottery is a giant slush fund .

·
Registered
5,624 Posts
So cops were running back ground checks on you and FFL dealers were good with that when you were buying a firearm?
I only worry about one improbable case at a time. One, I don't type that fast, and two, I'd have been put in handcuffs somewhere around +30 years ago. Here's my reasoning. I used to worry about everything and got precious little sleep. It brought me nothing.

·
Administrator
14,858 Posts
Of course the FBI does. So do a lot of other people.
It's a matter of public record.

·
Administrator
14,858 Posts
They always have had a list . And ATF has a list and serial number of every firearm purchased when a back round check was done.
Nope, negative, on the background check.
Unless you live in a communist state that requires registration of firearms, or a permit to buy one, the only information specific to the gun given to the NCIS is "long gun" or hand gun."

Yes, the serial number, etc is listed on the second page of the 4473, but the only way for law enforcement to see it would be go to every gunshop in the nation and physically look at every 4473 on file.
They would not waste any time on this.

·
Registered
21,088 Posts
Many of us have had or do have;

Birth Certificates
Social Security Numbers
Marriage Certificates
Drivers Licenses
Business Licenses
Hunting/Fishing Licenses
Concealed Carry Permit/Licenses
Mortgages
Bank Records
Tax Returns
W-2 Forms
W-4 Forms
W-9 Forms
1099's 1098's
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah.......................................

Point is, the government knows who each and every one of us is...:plain:

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
Nope, negative, on the background check.
Unless you live in a communist state that requires registration of firearms, or a permit to buy one, the only information specific to the gun given to the NCIS is "long gun" or hand gun."

Yes, the serial number, etc is listed on the second page of the 4473, but the only way for law enforcement to see it would be go to every gunshop in the nation and physically look at every 4473 on file.
They would not waste any time on this.
Ok then explain how a firearm that is never reg any where . Was purchased at a local FFL was traced back to the purchaser . they had the serial number on files attached to the name . The were caught a couple times keeping the records they were not suppose to and said so what. You fell for the story they have it. And can get it in a heart beat.

Reactions: Slippy

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Lottery is a giant slush fund .
And a good racket for the state, who comes out way ahead of any winner. Still, wish I was speaking from experience LOL.

Let's say you win the PowerBall at $300 million. Yay! State already did great, collecting $$$ in ticket sales in excess of that. Already made money. Then they offer the following: take your payout over 20 years (which allows them to pay up slowly, from interest earned on holding the bulk and current sales of more tickets) OR take 50% up front and settle for $150 million. State comes out WAY ahead either way. Winner gets screwed either way he goes.

But it's not over: federal taxes on large lottery winnings: up to 37%. State taxes here in Oregon: 8%. $150 million minus 45% in taxes leaves you with what... $82.5 million? This is what you collect. The feds and state get the rest. Win $300 million, expect to get $82.5 million. They'd lock us up for running a game like that.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts