Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Meangreen's post on camo about dove hunting has me craving fresh flesh bad..
Always had this hairbrained Idea of my own restaruant..Deebo's exotics....Stuff that you just dont normally see, and Im setting here eating a ham and jalapenojack crossaint. Wishing I had some deer hanging..
I think my favorite dish is venison, with gravy made from the pan, with mashed potatoes and corn in the cob, roasted on the grill, and grilled green chile.....AAAAHHHHHH..
small peices of vinison tenderized by pounding with a large spoonedge. Dredged in buttermilk, then flour, cooked in bacon grease...
Ah, animal rights...The right to be cooked by Deebo..
Whats your favorite?

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Meangreen's post on camo about dove hunting has me craving fresh flesh bad..
Always had this hairbrained Idea of my own restaruant..Deebo's exotics....Stuff that you just dont normally see, and Im setting here eating a ham and jalapenojack crossaint. Wishing I had some deer hanging..
I think my favorite dish is venison, with gravy made from the pan, with mashed potatoes and corn in the cob, roasted on the grill, and grilled green chile.....AAAAHHHHHH..
small peices of vinison tenderized by pounding with a large spoonedge. Dredged in buttermilk, then flour, cooked in bacon grease...
Ah, animal rights...The right to be cooked by Deebo..
Whats your favorite?
I think your resturant idea is pure genius! I had some bear jerky the other day that was amazing, much better than beef. I think if people would be really amazed how much better wild meat is than beef.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I thought about opening up a resturaunt with an attached gun range and allowing open carry on the property while you eat your meal either before or after you go shoot or just come in and enjoy a meal and watch people on the range through bullet proof glass or camera screens:)

·
Registered
148 Posts
You just made me hungry.. BUT.. you also gave me a extra idea for supper.. Thanks... I'm going to go pull a pack of deer steak outta the freezer.. I have never tried butter milk.. but have used other juice for the binding agent for flour

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I think your resturant idea is pure genius! I had some bear jerky the other day that was amazing, much better than beef. I think if people would be really amazed how much better wild meat is than beef.
Beef's priced so far beyond reasonable around here that we just go with chicken or pork. Don't even get me started on mutton.

·
Registered
855 Posts
My favorite has to be venison steaks (butterflied back straps work great for this) in garlic butter. Use cast iron and brown the garlic (pay attention and don't burn it) in butter then sear the steaks in it and serve with rice. Pour some of the butter & browned garlic over the rice and you've got yourself a world class rice dish too. My family loves this recipe, my 6 & 8 year old boys practically beg for it. Down to my last package of venison steaks too, good thing deer season isn't far away.

-Infidel

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Sorry, guys. My favorite meal is Strawberry Soup. Then a good t-bone steak. I haven't had venison much. I had it last Easter at my brother's and it was really good. But I stick with the strawberry soup.

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What the world is strawberry soup? I want some..Im setting here devouring a great peach cobbler, wishing that I would have follewed the girls suggestion, (serious Texas Bar-b-que), and got the Ice cream with it, becouse it is fabulous right now, with Icecream Id probably be ORGASMIC.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
I am a huge Cajun fan.. When I used to work as a diver on the rigs in the gulf. Most of the food was Cajun and I got hooked.. I learned how to cook it and love a good etouffee, either crawfish,shrimp or a good sausage...MMMMM

·
Registered
598 Posts
I love hot Italian wild boar sausage. Every time I harvest a wild boar I turn most the meat into sausage and most the sausage is hot Italian flavored. Might have to go cook some as thinking about it is making me hungry. Its great for breakfast, sandwiches, over rice, and as meatballs. I also love venison burgers, and meatloaf made with a combination of venison, boar and buffalo.

·
Banned
1,683 Posts
there is a woman in Blue Ridge who runs a little shop that sells all sorts of local jams and stuff, she has elk and deer sausage that is really really good. Something like that or maybe open a deer farm or maybe ostrich? Muntjac deer? If you had a steady source of a few different game animals on a farm you could make some serious bank I been thinking about a muntjac farm or raising sheep. Try looking up deer meat online, that shit goes for like 30 a pound! There IS no real supplier of good lamb that will deliver over the net, the one that has pickup is 45 f**** dollars a pound!

·
Administrator
14,685 Posts
I've got deer in the freezer (doe tastes the best), but what I really want I don't get. My wife's a GRITS (Girl Raised In The South) but my heritage is the great state of Maine. And she just doesn't do Yankee soulfood.
Bubble -n-squeek. That would be corn beef and cabbage.
Fin-n-haddie. That would be salted codfish in cream sauce.
Salmon stew. Oyster stew. Fried clams just dug out of the flats an hour ago. Lobstah. Fried oysters. Welsh Rarebit.
Scottish ancestry mated with the sea faring folks of the Pine Tree State!
I'm a life long Floridian with 100% Maine blood. :cry:
As far as native Florida stuff, gator tail is highly over rated. Red snapper is good, so is smoked kingfish, and smoked sailfish on saltines is heavenly.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Inor's summer sausage, my farmhouse cheddar and a granny smith apple.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
I love venison, rabbit, wild pig, and various birds, but my favorite would still be what you can get from diving into the sea and digging for in sand bars. I think I'd kill someone no problem post shtf over a lobster and mess of clams. That is pretty commercial though. Sorry.
homer-drooling-face-i19.gif

·
Administrator
14,685 Posts
i've still got my late father's clam rake that he used on the tidal flats at Wells Beach, Maine.

Reactions: Fuzzee

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
For a morning start I like rolled oats (made at home) boiled and simmered with raisins (you know the little brown things that are left over when you dry seedless grapes) and blueberries. Top it with a little whole milk and honey.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts