Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have been training for 25 years but this Fall I was in a Car accident and not being able to train my slow metabolism caused me to gain a bunch of weight. I dropped 17lbs in three weeks going Paleo, I probably followed the Diet about 80% and have slipped to about 60-70% but atleast I dropped the unwanted gain.

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
For the sevely obese, a liquid diet is used for 14-21 days, which dramatically shrinks the fat around the liver. I endured 21 days of this and was amazed that in 21 days I lost about 27 pounds. Amazing, and you realize what the human body really can and cant do without.
A bag of Bariatric Advantage is about $55 and last for almost 21 days, its designed for the 14 days, but can be stretched to make it.
The powdered "meal replacement" tastes ok, not the greastest, I had bannanna, and I havent had but two or three bannannas since(2010).
The drink is used for breakfast and lunch, with skim milk. To me, I had to have it ice cold, but it was acceptable.
Dinner is 1 can of soup. Snacks are yogurt or cheese.
I was licking the bowl the first two days, thinking, " A four hundred pound man cant live on this", but on the third day, I was ok. Grumpy, but Ok. you will get headaches, especially if you like sodas.
No soda, I found that Crystal light was better for me than Gatoraid, becouse of the empty calories. Also, stay away from juices, i was really into cranberry juice, but lost even more the two weeks I wasnt drinking juice.
After 13 days, I said I needed a break, and went to get a steak. I was literrally "high" from the first couple of bites, and surprised how little I could eat.
Day 14 back on the wagon, after day 15, i couldnt even finish a bowl of soup by myself.
Lots of water, and a daily vitamin.
Day 21-Last person scheduled for surgery-3pm. Nothing to eat or drink since Midnight, and not even bothered, You kind of get "used" to "feeling hungry", and with the weight falling off, you feel better.
Try it for 14 days.

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
A number of years ago, I was at 210+ depending on the day of the week. I was taking blood pressure medication. And I have endured an aortic valve replacement.

I decided I was done with being fat, . . . grabbed onto the Atkins diet.

BUT, . . . unknowingly, I modified it to become a whole lot more like the Paleo diet. My rationalization was that if I had been a trapper or homesteader in Ohio in 1800, . . . what would I have had to eat? If I couldn't convince myself that it would have been available then, . . . I didn't eat it.

Long and short? I lost almost 40 pounds in about 6 months, . . . feel twice as good as I used to, . . . and all my more robust friends kid me for making em look fat by slimming down. I also was able to ditch the BP meds.

One caveat, . . . I had to go back to drinking milk, . . . literally, I started having joint problems, . . . aches, pains, hurts, etc. Now drink non fat milk, . . . got rid of the joint pain too.

May God bless,
Dwight

·
Registered
190 Posts
I've been doing CrossFit for the last 55 days now and somewhat of a paleo diet! I have to have some sort of bread everyday or I get the worst headache ever. It's been working for me! 13lb and 1.75" off the waist!

Reactions: scramble4a5

·
Registered
303 Posts
I follow weight watchers online and try, most times successfully, to live by two rules:
1. Don't drink your calories i.e.. beer and alcohol;
2. If God made it then it is good for you. If man made it it is probably not good for you.

I also take Move Free by Schiff for my achy knees. Very good stuff.

I alos exercise regularly.

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
Eat one decent meal a day.....the rest of the time eat yogurt and dry cereal.....stick to it and it works.....i went from 227 to 190 in a little over 30 days.....keeping your colon cleaned out and working is best way to control weight....I have not ate ice cream, candy bars and such for over a year.....you have to cut out the crap food you eat first.....generally after that things will fall into place......exercise, a good couple miles a day takes little time and benefits are very good....all Preppers should be doing some kind of exercise.....
Just for kicks and giggles, . . . what kind of dry cereal did you eat?

I'm sure it wasn't fruit loops or mini-wheats, . . . but I'm curious. Every now and then, I do something to "vary" my eating habits, . . . this one sounds interesting.

Oh, . . . AND, . . . which meal? I'm thinking since my "big" meal is the 2:30 in the afternoon one I usually have, . . . it might work for me, . . . but just checking.

May God bless,
Dwight

·
Registered
5 Posts
My weight is increasing very fast i am much worried about that and i really want to make it control and than decrease it how i can do this with any special diet plan or any protein shake please give me your compliment?

·
Registered
12 Posts
According to recent research, water and green tea is the best way to lose your weight. I took 8 to 12 glasses of water gradually and 2 to 3 times cup of tea in a day. And now i feel much difference in my weight.

·
Registered
24,251 Posts
Been doing Paleo since November. 20 pounds dropped in one month. Arthritis gone.

Easy to do, cravings go away.

Stay away from all grains and grain products. No carbs - yes, that includes potatoes. No peanuts, but get crazy with the tree nuts.

Lean meats in, milk products out.

Eat all you want, but eat the right stuff.

Veggies, but no peas and only snap/pole beans.

Watch the fat drop!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My weight is increasing very fast i am much worried about that and i really want to make it control and than decrease it how i can do this with any special diet plan or any protein shake please give me your compliment?
Increase your Protein and Fiber and water intake (three best things to start). Make sure to have breakfast example, Oatmeal and a few eggs and a banana, its not paleo but its a great break fast used by most Athletes.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
I was in a weight reducing contest with the people I work with and I won it easily because they all bought books on weight reduction and went on several different diets. I told them you don't need a diet book everyone knows what is fattening and it all come down to willpower. But the biggest problem is not gaining it back once you loose it. I went from 195 to 165 in 3 months I didn't really need to go down to 165 I just was determined to beat them with all their fancy diets.

·
Registered
219 Posts
1. Go to a local medical clinic.....your looking for a Diabetes Diet 1500 Calories a day....Walk 6 miles a day while your doing this....I lost 126 pounds in 120 days.

2. Join US Army...go into artillery and join an M109A6 outfit (PALLADIN) and go into special weapons section.....Rub the "CRITICAL MASS" a few times too many AS YOU ASSEMBLE A NUCLEAR ROUND (Hiroshima sized!) and lose 45 pounds in a month and all your hair on your body!...you can even eat all you want!...It will damn near kill ya! (Speaking from an accident with a tiny little ball fissile material!) but its a hell of a quick diet! You just puke a lot!...Crap a lot!

Simple~!

·
Registered
24,251 Posts
What were you doing assembling a round in artillery? The rounds were stored in "igloos" inside of double chain link, concertina topped, guard tower punctuated NATO sites, and were preassembled by 55G special weapons technicians.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I agree with you,this is the diet which really works.Having the correct food for maintaining your health is very much necessary.And i appreciate your for sharing it with us.This is something which actually motivates us.And it is required for doing this.Keep sharing your stuff.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Your body need a certain number of calories to maintain itself, usually around 2,000 for a woman and 2,500 for a man. If you eat more calories than you need you gain weight, eat less and you lose weight. If you eat 3,500 excess calories you will gain a pound, don't eat them and you will lose a pound.

If you need 2,500 calories/day and you only eat 1,500 you have a 1,000 calorie/day deficit and you will lose about 2 pounds a week. If you don't eat anything you will only lose about five pounds/week.

The level of physical exertion affects the number of calories burned but not as much a you might think. Running a mile will only burn an extra 100 calories or so. To lose a pound you need to run 35 miles.

Diets are mostly BS to sell book.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts