Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The hand-wringing woolly-minded lefties here in Britain are going ballistic because TV naturalist Sir David Attenborough has said we should stop sending food and cash to famine-hit countries and educate them instead about birth control.
He's 87 years old so he's seen many famine relief programs that have failed over the years because nobody dare address the root cause- overpopulation.
I agree with him 100 per cent..:)

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Africa wins again, Africa would be a nice place if it wasn't for all the African's. These saying have become so for a reason. Thousands of years of progress and many Africans are still living in mud huts. In between raping and killing each other they strive towards little it seems except raping and killing anyone they can get their hands on. Most can't seem to take care of themselves and that goes for the descendants over here too. Breeding when they don't have enough to feed themselves or living off of what others give them. Their a failed race for the most part. Our population is out of control and the eco, farming, ranching systems are strained now. The world is seeing a decreasing amount of fresh water and in time it's going to hit us hard. I'm all for cutting Africa and it's descendants the hell off and let them live or die on their own ability to survive as nature and God intended.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah "failed race" just about sums most Africans up..:)
There was a TV docu earlier this year showing Star Wars actor Ewan McGregor and a team of aid workers travelling through the stinking Congo swamps to vaccinate remote village kids against various diseases free of charge.
Guess what?- one village headman more or less demanded "gifts" from them, so they had to leave him some food to avoid an argument at 13:50 in this clip-

Later the team paid cash to be taken up a backwater in boats, but at one point the boatmen screwed them over for more cash to proceed further, pick it up at 1:20-

At least i suppose it could have been worse for McGregor if he'd ended up in their cookpot..;)

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Yeah "failed race" just about sums most Africans up..:)
There was a TV docu earlier this year showing Star Wars actor Ewan McGregor and a team of aid workers travelling through the stinking Congo swamps to vaccinate remote village kids against various diseases free of charge.
Guess what?- one village headman more or less demanded "gifts" from them, so they had to leave him some food to avoid an argument at 13:50 in this clip-

Later the team paid cash to be taken up a backwater in boats, but at one point the boatmen screwed them over for more cash to proceed further, pick it up at 1:20-

At least i suppose it could have been worse for McGregor if he'd ended up in their cookpot..;)
Not just cook pot, but turned into the village bitch before he got there. I enjoy his acting, but that's a waste of time. You're not going to change those people into anything worth a damn and all he did was see that they keep going on as they been doing a little longer. I hate how much US taxpayer dollars are wasted on African relief. They've tried various times to get them farming and better taking care of themselves and it's been a waste. Let them die. Look how quick South Africa went to crap when the Europeans pulled out.

:-|

·
Registered
922 Posts
Aren't virtually all of these countries dictatorships?
It might go towards explaining why the people are in such poor shape?
Of course, this might explain why some parts of our own country are in a similar situation.

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Africa is intriguing though. There are some interesting developments.

What I mean is there is a buying war for cheap property there that is fertile and will be farmland. You and I cant buy it. The three buyers are US ivy league college foundations, Soro's, and China. There are others, and the low prices I've heard are amazing. Like $2 an acre, but again we can't buy, I've tried. These entities, even China won't be able to farm and export food without hiring some one locally? Maybe China could but certainly the others can't.

If Americas farming tech is given to Africa there is I reason for starvation. At least not until the pop boom kicks in.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Just playing a little devil's advocate - but how much do similar liberal orgs that fight for the rights of wildlife come into play on this? There are countless organizations trying to protect Rhino's and other wildlife by keeping MILLIONS of acres out of peoples hands. If these were opened up to farming or development would this help?

There are LOTS of problems over there but I think this is one that needs to be solved too...

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
I have been sayin it for YEARS!! Send em birth control, not food.. The average female in Africa has like 6 kids. One of those kids is by age 14 I believe and another one will die of starvation.. That is an average I read somewhere.. I have been to Africa, IT IS A SHITHOLE!!! You hear 'African-Americans" here talk abotu how great it is over there. That is because they have never been there. Just think of a ratty ass ghetto house here with MAYBE one window AC unit in a BAD part of the ghetto.. That is a nice house over there.. Most are living in huts or boxes and have no power to run a window unit.. Add the rape and murder over there and you can see what a great place it would be to live..

As Sam Kinison used to say!! WE HAVE DESERTS IN AMERICA!!WE JUST DON'T LIVE IN EM ASSHOLE!!!! If you know who he know why the caps were on...

·
Super Moderator
9,191 Posts
The reality of the old saying is "Give a man food, you feed him for a day and have total control over his life, teach a man to fish and you lose that control"

This is the rule of many countries and is becoming the rule for here.

·
Super Moderator
9,191 Posts
How to Catch a Wild Hog
by C.K. Stan Khury

A trapper, who became disenchanted with the messiness and cruelty of the usual trapping methods, found an ingenious way for catching wild hogs. He located an area in which wild hogs were known to roam, put out a few bushels of corn, and stood back about 50 feet to watch. The hogs spotted the corn and for a few days simply looked at it, sniffed and snorted suspiciously, eyed the trapper standing some distance away, and kept their distance from the corn. On occasion during this period of discovery, a young hog would charge out and snatch an ear of corn and race back for cover. After a few days, some of the older hogs figured out that if it was safe for the young ones to eat the corn (and wild hogs are very protective of their young) then it must be safe for them too. And they began to do likewise. The trapper kept refreshing the corn supply and the hogs were enjoying it immensely.

A few weeks later the trapper showed up with fence posts and wire. He piled up the posts and wire within the line of sight of the hogs. The hogs kept on showing up for their daily ration of corn—and in the process they got used not only to the sight of the trapper moving about, but also to the sight of fence posts and wire. A few days later the trapper began to put up a few posts and worked right within the sight of the hogs. The hogs grumbled a bit but eventually ignored the activity of the trapper, because their food supply was not affected at all. The trapper continued this way until a substantial fence was built, complete with a rather wide gate that the trapper kept open. The hogs would come in through the open gate, eat the corn and leave. The number of hogs coming to the regular feast increased daily. One day, when all the hogs were busy enjoying the corn, the trapper walked up to the gate and closed it.

Until the trapper closed the gate, the wild hogs were free—and if they only had eyes to see and minds to perceive, they would have simply stopped being engaged by the trapper.

·
Registered
559 Posts
The reality of the old saying is "Give a man food, you feed him for a day and have total control over his life, teach a man to fish and you lose that control"

This is the rule of many countries and is becoming the rule for here.
I like the quote - build a man a fire and you'll keep him warm for a night. Set a man on fire and you'll keep him warm for the rest of this life.

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
I'd say its not the problem. I'm not an expert but the wildlife preservation efforts in Africa actually create a wealthy class of Africans in managing preserves (first) and second the lands used are not likely to be cultivated. There is plenty of land in America that can be cultivated and is not, so just imagine how much in Africa is ignored; and could be farmed with proper development of irrigation and land preparation. The massive wildlife preserves usually employ large numbers of people to try and benefit the wildlife - much of it security - many of those working in that realm are upper middle class to wealthy in their countries.

Just playing a little devil's advocate - but how much do similar liberal orgs that fight for the rights of wildlife come into play on this? There are countless organizations trying to protect Rhino's and other wildlife by keeping MILLIONS of acres out of peoples hands. If these were opened up to farming or development would this help?

There are LOTS of problems over there but I think this is one that needs to be solved too...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts