Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
Many small homes build in the era of fall out shelters had them built under the house with a hatch in the kitchen to get in. You find many of them here in small towns.
You notice them because the homes are the same even with additions you notice the base of the home is the same. Sear sold these homes from a catalog .
Secret not many know some armories had them built under them I know of two right now. The hatches have long sense been covered over but room is still there.

Reactions: Innkeeper

·
Super Moderator
9,219 Posts
During the Cuban Missile crisis, I think I just turned 14. I lived in a small town in central Wisconsin, pop. 5000. I came home from school on afternoon and found my father carrying what looked like concrete bricks into the basement. We worked well in the evening before we finished that load. The next day was the same thing, except my father had already used the first load to build a new and larger "root cellar", we already had one. Being a naive teenage, it wasn't until years later that I put 2 and 2 together.

·
Registered
354 Posts
*Forehead slap* Stoopid!!! I would have kept my mouth shut and stocked up preps in there! Half the prep work was inherited right there! GAH!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts