·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
county... south Sudan (Africa)

casualties... 3 Indian soldiers (reported) 30+ civilians

cause... base stormed by mob

response.... "we do not condone these actions" - UN deputy general

other response.... oh we will send 80 more troops (yep 80) and hold a emergency meeting

pause

Australia telling citizens caught in trouble, get out if you can, otherwise stock up on food and water and stay indoors (another reason NOT to become nationalised)

usaf evacuating us citizens...

personal comments, it's ok to attack a UN refugee centre, all that will happen is 80 more troops and a stern word... WTF!!! it's a ****en refugee centre, a attack like that... should have a full response of over 1000 troops (not many I know) to enforce security in refugee camps, this is another shtf situation, proof the world doesn't give a flying ****!! and the UN is useless as tits on a ball!!!!!

·
Registered
6,262 Posts
While we spend millions to support the UN. What a waste of money. Maybe we should relocate the money back to our veterans.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
While we spend millions to support the UN. What a waste of money. Maybe we should relocate the money back to our veterans.
the USA has never paid its membership fees....

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
I'm not really sure where you found that tidbit of misinformation, . . . the USA (sadly) spends more money on the UN than any other contry, . . . period.

May God bless,
Dwight

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The U.S. arrears issue
The UN has always had problems with
members refusing to pay the assessment
levied upon them under the United Nations
Charter. But the most significant refusal in
recent times has been that of the U.S. Since
1985 the U.S. Congress has refused to
authorize payment of the U.S. dues, in order to
force UN compliance with U.S. wishes, as well
as a reduction in the U.S. assessment. [13]
After prolonged negotiations, the U.S. and the
UN negotiated an agreement whereby the
United States would pay a large part of the
money it owes, and in exchange the UN would
reduce the assessment rate ceiling from 25%
to 22%. The reduction in the assessment rate
ceiling was among the reforms contained in
the 1999 Helms-Biden legislation, which links
payment of $926 million in U.S. arrears to the
UN and other international organizations to a
series of reform benchmarks. [ citation needed ]
U.S. arrears to the UN currently total over
$1.3 billion. Of this, $612 million is payable
under Helms-Biden. The remaining $700
million result from various legislative and
policy withholdings; at present, there are no
plans to pay these amounts. [citation needed ]
Under Helms-Biden, the U.S. paid $100 million
in arrears to the UN in December 1999; release
of the next $582 million awaits a legislative
revision to Helms-Biden, necessary because
the benchmark requiring a 25 percent
peacekeeping assessment rate ceiling was not
quite achieved. The U.S. also seeks
elimination of the legislated 25 percent cap on
U.S. peacekeeping payments in effect since
1995, which continues to generate additional
UN arrears. Of the final $244 million under
Helms-Biden, $30 million is payable to the UN
and $214 million to other international
organizations. [ citation needed ]
I stand corrected United States and the United Nations - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

(first one that came up)

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I have always believed it should not be here in this country and we shouldn't foot the bill for it... if they want a UN put it on neutral ground and get it out our of country and get their law breaking representatives out of our country they are like a bunch of parasites that feed off the United States...

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
The U.S. pays 22% of the overall funding of the U.N., the most of any nation, and 27% of the funding for "peacekeeping" missions, once again, the most of any nation. This does not include what it costs the U.S. and the city of New York having the U.N. headquarters in New York City and all of the people with Diplomatic immunity living there.

I don't know where you go your information from , but I suggest you simply go to google to get some facts instead.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have always believed it should not be here in this country and we shouldn't foot the bill for it... if they want a UN put it on neutral ground and get it our of country
agreed, its another target for conspiracy theorists, it "feels very one sided" don't get me wrong it's done some good over the years, but it needs its "own country" and be a truly natural force, both military and aid, and willing to "flex" it's mussel... but today it tells like a ex gf, full of hot air and hard to avoid (as much as you want to)

personally, the UN should either move and reset itself, outside the politics, and be a independent organization that works to better humanity... not sit on its hands, or proves a country is using bio weapons against its people, and doesn't follow through with any action outside a few nasty words...

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I don't know where you go your information from , but I suggest you simply go to google to get some facts instead.
i did, go back a page

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
UN troops do little more than steal and rape. And no one ever pays for it.
Every dime that goes to the UN is wasted and or stolen.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The liberals try to use the UN as a backdoor, or perhaps loophole is a better term, to revoke or hog tie our second amendment rights. Hasn't worked so far, but give 'em E for effort.
LiveLeak.com - The United Nations is Worthless
yea rumor had it, the UN was going to put in place a plan to restrict what cars you can drive and what modifications you can do (a rumor tho)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.