Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody else notice social media sites down. Fox news had report of numerous sites/apps shut down as protests grow over joey's vaccine mandate. People getting fired or laid off without pay for not conforming.

·
Registered
6,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I agree and don't like the politics of FB but it's how I make my living, buying and selling. So it's possibly costing me money today.

·
Super Moderator
1-6 months, natural disasters or economic collapse
9,950 Posts
A bit of info on the outage: Facebook.com Is for Sale as Worldwide Outage, Whistleblower, and Massive User Data Breach Collide in Perfect Storm ⋆ 🔔 The Liberty Daily

Supposedly, some back end big boys have been screwing with the registration data for the sites, with a claim that the Dynamic Name Service entries have been deleted. This is a tough claim to prove, since DNS servers exist all over the internet, with just about every service provider hosting their own.
Yet users from all over the world are reporting outages.
This all comes on the heels of a revelation that the site's 1.5 billion users may have had their data sold on hacker forums around the net.
And it all precedes a FB whistleblower who will be testifying before Congress tomorrow.

Certainly an interesting storm of events.

·
Administrator
15,422 Posts
It's more than Facebook.
t-Mobil, Verizon, AT&T, Google, Twitter, Tik-Tok, Zoom and Amazon Web Services users have reported outages as well.

Think bigger than mere alleged Facebook shenanigans. Think bigger.

·
Registered
6,052 Posts
Ya' know, if you find an old junked out car you take register of the automobile and build yourself a better model.

Ergo, if some intelligent "players" find a 'channel' in which to play, why, who would mind that?

Oh, we might have to call this new game "Fartbook," but then, isn't that what we have always called it before?

·
Super Moderator
9,950 Posts
It's more than Facebook.
t-Mobil, Verizon, AT&T, Google, Twitter, Tik-Tok, Zoom and Amazon Web Services users have reported outages as well.

Think bigger than mere alleged Facebook shenanigans. Think bigger.
I haven't seen evidence of any widespread outages with the other sites mentioned.
Just checked now, Google, Twitter, AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobil, all up and functional.
Do you have any references to widespread outages for these?

I'm not seeing evidence of bigger just yet.

·
Super Moderator
State of Grace
6,810 Posts
I think Facebook's gonna get eaten alive by congress; both sides of the aisle. They have it coming.

·
Registered
6,052 Posts
Annie, I think your words of both "congress" and "coming" have a ringing for me.

As you know, I spent several years obtaining easier legal hobbyist collection of guns and knives. I think most of this work was about fifteen years from start to finish.

Perhaps there's a light shined into the darkness. Think of all the sheep-dip husbands who cheat on their wives. We should insist on "unmarried yet defiled" rights for urban painted ladies. Yikes, there must be hundreds of these girls in most of the Madison taverns, even before nightfall actually appears!

Say what you want, but there's nothing like seeing a pair of bright red painted lips in the handle-bar mirror of a stroked out Harley 74. Speaking of Harley, those clever manufacturers jacked up the rear springs of a chopper just so I could see that darling girl in the mirror wink, and promise me the world...

·
Super Moderator
9,950 Posts
After hearing some samplings from the 60 Minutes interview with this supposed "whistleblower", I'm now skeptical about anything coming out of the congressional hearing.

The woman, who will be giving testimony, is upset with Facebook for getting rid of a group she considered important to stopping "hate speech" and misinformation.
She doesn't appreciate the fact that she no longer gets to decide what is and is not acceptable on the platform. She will be arguing for the government to step in and force Facebook to do more to limit free speech.

Gonna guess this is NOT connected to the outage in any way.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
YAWN…..
No interest in social media. Was on FB about 6 month then deleted the account, it a waste of time. That was 10+ years ago
BoF

·
Super Moderator
9,950 Posts
YAWN…..
No interest in social media. Was on FB about 6 month then deleted the account, it a waste of time. That was 10+ years ago
BoF
Most people here don't use it, but that's not the reason it's discussed here.
If FB goes offline, it might be important to know why. It could be a canary in the coal mine... or somebody tripped on a network cable.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Yeah. I get all that. To me the bigger concern if FB takes a dump is the implication to my 401k
BoF

·
Administrator
15,422 Posts
I haven't seen evidence of any widespread outages with the other sites mentioned.
Just checked now, Google, Twitter, AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobil, all up and functional.
Do you have any references to widespread outages for these?

I'm not seeing evidence of bigger just yet.
The link to the reported outages is in post #8.
That is where my information came from too, it was reported in several news outlets.

Reactions: Kauboy

·
Administrator
15,422 Posts
I would suspect China had something to do with this. Perhaps testing the waters, so to speak.
Keep your eyes on Taiwan. With Senile Joe in power, China may try to finally take possetion of what the have believed was theirs since the 1940's.

Reactions: Kauboy
1 - 20 of 24 Posts