Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to contribute, for my first post, something that I think allot of people do not consider when being a "prepper." This video will probably be the single most helpful thing that most preppers will ever watch. Good luck and bury those bunkers deep!

·
Registered
115 Posts
this is the most ridiculous stupid video I have ever seen. to assume that those who are preppers see monsters in the closet is being a little superficial it may b economic collapse, energy pulses, energy shortage, etc. but, unfortunately, it will happen. And for u people who feel u wish to stay in a state of denial of national n worldwide ignorance is ur choice, but don't disparage us nor ridicule us for believing otherwise.

·
Registered
640 Posts
waway... thanks for trying to contribute as your first post. I can appreciate what you are trying to do... but the vast majority of people on this forum realize that DD Preppers Season 2 was designed to make the worst of the worst in the prepper community look even worse than they really are. It's designed to give preppers a bad name in the name of increased ratings. So... although your intentions may have been sincere... the responses to your post probably turned you off a bit because of the reality around the show. So... I'd recommend jumping back in and sharing and learning from the group. No one expects anything from you... just some friendly chatting and sharing of thoughts and ideas.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Seems to me like this post is to reach out to someone personally. I'm sure that this might be on other prepper types of forums to meet that agenda. Waway, if there is someone or a group of someones that you want this to reach out to, then I ask you to try to reason each side of thinking. The video is belitting someones way of life and stating their ordinary life is better than theirs. If you are scared yourself, then do something about it and learn about why your son or others are "prepping".

What was one of the main reasons that I started prepping? I'll tell you. When my son of 8 years old then came to me everyday about the way the world was (tornados, myan calendar, war, earthquakes, and even zombies). I explained to him this is the way the world has been, will more than likely always be, which in turn he didn't like that answer and asked me if we could get a tornado shelter. At that point I felt like I wasn't doing enough for my family. How can you face yourself in life if your house blew away after not getting some type of shelter or emergency prepardness in place when a 8 year old ask you that question? How would you be able to see your son thrown across a corn field during a tornado? How would you react to hearing some type of disaster that is going to effect your area in about 30 minutes and you have done NOTHING to prepare after repeated warnings or leaving your life dependant on some cornhole jack that maintains the local power facility? How will you be able to face your family when the next hurricane comes through and you have no gas in your car to properly evac out of your area?

I started this forum to learn myself. There were other forums out there of course, but it seemed to me that those forums belittled others on every single comment they made. If someone said they had a certain type of food, the others would ridicule them saying that its bad, or their "gun" wasn't big enough. My hopes with preppers is they take care of each other or at least be independant of others to sustain themselves in times of crisis, thats why I created this forum, to encourage others to help others with knowledge, not to belittle them.

Instead of telling a bad son "I STILL love you" after they did something bad, tell them "I love you".

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
The soundtrack of that vid was woofy and unclear, but it seemed to suggest preppers should stop worrying and come back into the "real world".
Ha ha, preppers don't worry, they've simply got a normal healthy desire to stay alive!
And speaking of the "real world", it's bristling with nukes and other nasty things, so NOT to prepare to protect yourself and your family would be pretty dumb to say the least and bad parenting!
Preppers motto:- WE LIVE, YOU DIE..:)

·
Registered
640 Posts
I like that "We Live, You Die" motto. I did a good chunk of my USAF time with nukes... and ours was always "You can run, but you'll only die tired!"

Yeah, Lucky Jim... it can be a scary world. And... it's not always the big gators in the pond you have to worry about, nor the closest gator to your canoe.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Waway, I'd like for you to show this video to the people in Louisiana who suffered through Katrina or perhaps to New Yorkers who were hit by Sandy. Show them this video and explain to them that prepping is childish and a waste of time.

Idiot.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts