Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Watching Doomsday preppers and the guy in New York said its "hard" to get a hand gun. I've seen this with other states as well.... like California etc..

Why?

Where's the second admendment for these rights? Is it just a lenghty process or something?

·
Registered
693 Posts
The second amendment has been torn down to basically nothing. Each state has it's own regulatory laws that they can pass, and do, remember laws only restrict freedoms. So in California (I don't know the paperwork process) but I know they can't own a firearm that holds more then 10 rounds.

Some other states have laws like "shall issue, may issue" Iowa was one of these until jan 2011, when it became a shall issue state. Basically this means you don't need a good reason to obtain a CCW, you just have to meet the qualifications, pass a test and you can get one. A shall issue state means that the sheriff or whoever issues them, can deny you for any reason he wants. Which is bull. I don't know NY laws, and maybe it is just that you have to file for it, and the paperwork process takes forever, or maybe they charge a boatload to file the paperwork....

I agree, 2nd amendment is a right that shouldn't have restrictions.

·
Registered
6,122 Posts
When the discussion of "rights" first came up I made sure I had enough of the stuff needed to repel the enemy. In fact, many of the debates of that era did not even have some items forbidden, just "talk" about possible government reactions.

There was even discussions then about "sharp objects." After all, some states forbid the sale of switchblade knives circa 1950. However, this process sure made a lot of money for people bringing "verboten" items to my state. Heck, Illinois is very close to Wisconsin.

Get this, one of the topics discussed about this was the crappy Hollywood movies about students confronting teachers with switchblades. Strangely, the worst "student" of these movies later became a actor of the "Combat" TV show!

Not much happened in my neck of the woods, be that pro or con. If you didn't have a knife your friend loaned you his. In fact, I spend all of the grade school and my high school and never knew of a student being cut. Lots of sloppy boxing, but no sharp objects circa 1968.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts