Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My fiance was just talking to her sister back in Florida. They have something to do at a yacht club. Anyway, members and homeowners are required to give a sample of the dogs DNA. If the dog goes tot he bathroom and it's not picked up, they are fined $1200 for each time it happens.. And I believe you have to pay for the first dna test and then if they find your dog "guilty" the test is added to the $1200 fine.. I thought she was bullshitting until I looked it up. They are actually testing dog shit to shame owners into picking it up!! WTF have we come to????

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
Dogs make good burritos.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Only 0.2% of the DNA separates any dog, any breed, wolves, coyotes, and jackals. That 0.2% in my mind is WAAAAY too small to hang a fee on - even if it is $20.

Reactions: Meangreen

·
Registered
904 Posts
Florida yacht club says it all. I don't particularly care for Florida, yacht's, or clubs, but to combine all three is only asking for absurdity. I'd like to smuggle in a little N. California x-bred hound DNA into their little club and see what happens. My dogs would eat the yachts.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
we do it on my properties. to set it up its 45.00. all residents with dogs have to give dna. if a pile is found its dna then we fine you and kick yer ass out. no body wants to step in look at or pick up your dog dirt. solid program.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
So a guy is out hunting near the area where Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana and Arkansas come together.
He shoots a squirrel and all of the sudden a game warden appears. He runs his finger around the squirrels ass and smells it.

"That's an Oklahoma Squirrel. You got an Oklahoma license, boy?"
Hunter shows him a valid license and goes on his way.

Later he shoots a deer. Game warden appears and runs his finger up the deers ass and sniffs it.
"That's an Arkansas deer. You got an Arkansas tag, boy?"
Hunter shows the tag and takes his kill.

Later he shoots Turkey - out pops the game warden and he starts poking and sniffing the turkeys ass.
"That's a Louisiana Turkey. You got a Louisiana permit, boy?"
Hunter produces the permit.

Then the ol' game warden says to him, "You sure have been taking a lot of game from a lot of different states this weekend. Just where in the hell are you from any way?"
The hunter drops his trousers and tells the warden, "You're so damn smart why don't you tell me!"

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
I haven't herd of DNA being used for that purpose although I know many HOA's will require DNA to eliminate dogs of certain breeds such as Pitbulls, Rotts and such that have been designated as dangerous breeds. This does however take that to a whole new level. I do kind of agree with it though. Shotlady is right who wants to step in doggie doo or see it as you walk down the side walk. I will admit that its pretty sad that many pet owners don't have enough consideration to clean up behind their pets. In Japan just the peer pressure alone from your neighbors is enough to make you clean up religiously behind your pet!

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
What we are coming to is that people are tired of picking up the crap from their neighbor's dogs. I used to live in Savannah, Ga and got up earlier then usual one morning and looking out of a window saw my next door neighbor walk his dog over to my yard to take a dump, and then lead him back into his yard and into the house. I went out and picked it up, carried it over to his house and dropped it on his front porch. I then rang his door bell and when he answered I pointed at it and told him that he left something in my front yard. I then said if it happens again I will put it on the hood of his car. He stepped back into his house and closed the door without saying a word. The point that I am trying to make is that this is the result of inconsiderate and butt wad people who do things like this. If I had seen the neighbor's dog unleashed come over on his own to take a dump I could care less. But when he LED the dog over and then left the pile on my lawn, it pissed me off. I had a lab at the time, who either stayed in a fenced in back yard or when I took her for a walk I carried a plastic bag to pick up any fecal matter she left behind. That's called being responsible for your pets.

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
we do it on my properties. to set it up its 45.00. all residents with dogs have to give dna. if a pile is found its dna then we fine you and kick yer ass out. no body wants to step in look at or pick up your dog dirt. solid program.
But you're willing to pick at it, bag it, and run it off to the lab for tests? You're special.

·
Registered
7,970 Posts
that's the problem, home owner association people have nothing better to do with their time.
You ASSume incorrectly about my Homeowner ASSociation Invovlement, I merely I said I'd do that doo for $1200 a pop I mean poop. Hope this clarifies things for you.

I have a 1000 + acres of National Forest behind me,with Bear,****,Cougar,BigFoot,Squirrel,Yote,Porky,Duck,Goose,Dog,Cat poops. Chicken Shit I know

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
But you're willing to pick at it, bag it, and run it off to the lab for tests? You're special.
maint/ porters.

my building doesn't take dogs. we have service animals only here. we put up a dog station in the front yard to embarrass people from the buildings nearby into picking up their shit. nope we spend three hundred bux on the dog station a month and still pick up about 30 bombs per day. pretty bad. so not only and I paying for welfare and section 8 for the people in this neighbor hood, now we are picking up their shit too. its ridiculous.

people are paying 1700 for their one bedroom here and 2027 for the two, 2600 for the three... we aren't the sort that wants to look at dog dirt specially when we cant have dogs here.

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
maint/ porters.

my building doesn't take dogs. we have service animals only here. we put up a dog station in the front yard to embarrass people from the buildings nearby into picking up their shit. nope we spend three hundred bux on the dog station a month and still pick up about 30 bombs per day. pretty bad. so not only and I paying for welfare and section 8 for the people in this neighbor hood, now we are picking up their shit too. its ridiculous.

people are paying 1700 for their one bedroom here and 2027 for the two, 2600 for the three... we aren't the sort that wants to look at dog dirt specially when we cant have dogs here.
I'm sure during one of the HOA meetings a petition for a fence could be placed. I'm sure since it is California there is a law against not cleaning up after your pets, a call to the locals would be In order for increased patrols. How are you getting the DNA to match from the dogs when they don't live in your buildings or property? Your high cost of living is all part of living in California. I'm a California native and it's funny to be outside looking in.

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
You ASSume incorrectly about my Homeowner ASSociation Invovlement, I merely I said I'd do that doo for $1200 a pop I mean poop. Hope this clarifies things for you.

I have a 1000 + acres of National Forest behind me,with Bear,****,Cougar,BigFoot,Squirrel,Yote,Porky,Duck,Goose,Dog,Cat poops. Chicken Shit I know
Not pointing fingers, just pointing out the silliness of it all.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
I will never, ever live in California. Nor visit. Minnesota is bad but everything I hear about California makes MN seem tame. Then add earthquakes on top of all the silliness - no thanks.

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
I will never, ever live in California. Nor visit. Minnesota is bad but everything I hear about California makes MN seem tame. Then add earthquakes on top of all the silliness - no thanks.
It is ridiculousness at it's worst. I'm getting screwed more on my mortgage than you so I'm going to try and oppress you more! It's the same in Scottsdale and Mesa Arizona because you guest it, a bunch of CA transplants.

·
Premium Member
2,943 Posts
Only 0.2% of the DNA separates any dog, any breed, wolves, coyotes, and jackals. That 0.2% in my mind is WAAAAY too small to hang a fee on - even if it is $20.
We have two rescues, both great dogs, and we sprung for DNA testing.

HIGHLY inaccurate and for someone to try to use for doggie poop is a joke. Utterly senseless and unenforceable. Stupid stupid stupid.

Btw, to get an accurate test, the dog has to be quarantined for a minimum of 12 hours with no food. And the results.. Not like humans. Gives you the two top breeds then 4 more that "might" be included. Even if you have a pure bred, they aren't and the results cannot be tied to a specific dog.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Forcing people to take responsibility for their pets is "oppression"? I don't see it. As a pet owner you have certain responsibilities. If you live in a neighborhood you clean up after your animal, you make sure that your animal doesn't run around without being under your control, you make sure that it has it's shots. If you can'y do that, then don't own an animal. It's that simple.

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Forcing people to take responsibility for their pets is "oppression"? I don't see it. As a pet owner you have certain responsibilities. If you live in a neighborhood you clean up after your animal, you make sure that your animal doesn't run around without being under your control, you make sure that it has it's shots. If you can'y do that, then don't own an animal. It's that simple.
No it's not oppression to have people take responsibility for their pets that isn't the issue. Mandatory DNA samples on all pets at a high cost and with questionable results? Sounds like Obamacare.:roll:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts