Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Glowsticks are perfect when a Power outrage happen and maybe a Solarflair or what ever.
So I search arround an found an German Import Company who get them from China and sell them directly.
Here for IR: https://www.knixs.com/navi.php?qs=infrarot

<40cent for one is damn cheap!!! In many Outdoor and Prepper Shops the sell them for 1,50€ each! :vs_shocked:

·
Super Moderator
1-6 months, natural disasters or economic collapse
9,482 Posts
In what scenario are you imagining where you would need IR glowsticks, and still have the capability to see their IR light?
Do you have night vision optics? Do you have enough batteries for them since you won't be charging anything if the grid is down.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
IR ist j ust a option. The Post is more for normal Glow Sticks since many Shops sell them for a fortune.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Glowsticks are perfect when a Power outrage happen and maybe a Solarflair or what ever.
So I search arround an found an German Import Company who get them from China and sell them directly.
Here for IR: https://www.knixs.com/navi.php?qs=infrarot

<40cent for one is damn cheap!!! In many Outdoor and Prepper Shops the sell them for 1,50€ each! :vs_shocked:
Check out Dollar Tree. They have inexpensive CHEMLIGHTS. Packages of 3 for $1.00. I did a test comparing to military issue and they are very comparable.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
In what scenario are you imagining where you would need IR glowsticks, and still have the capability to see their IR light?
Do you have night vision optics? Do you have enough batteries for them since you won't be charging anything if the grid is down.
I do have NV and a way to charge the batteries. I have to say I am intrigued by the possible uses for IR glowsticks.

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
When I think of "glow sticks" I think about plastic tubes that light up if you snap them in two. These do not require another power source.

Are we talking about the same things?

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
When I think of "glow sticks" I think about plastic tubes that light up if you snap them in two. These do not require another power source.

Are we talking about the same things?
Yes, but the OP referred to IR glowsticks which emit light not visible to the human eye, for those you need night vision to see the light they emit.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
IR are good for night SAR thinks I guess. Maybe for other stuff like Camera Check.
Normal Glow Sticks are good when no other Power is available and or an Emergency happen and perfect to find a patient during a natural disaster.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I found out a very basic night vision device. On an old video camera I have there is a feature called “night shot” it does provide a very short range night filming capability, but not my point. It does give you limited ability to see IR. I had my son crack an IR light stick out in the backyard and had him move around. It was a dark night and I could see it out to about 40 yards. The farthest distance I had. I covered up the light emitting part on the camera with electrical tape so I am not projecting any IR light my self. It’s a cheap way to see if anyone is using NVG coming up to your position. I don’t see that feature on new video cameras.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts