Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,655 Posts
There a fairly good sight IMO. I don't love there design layout either, but mostly there battery life compared to Aimpoints. When you're in situation where getting batteries isn't problem great, but I think there a poor choice for the prepper who probably won't have a ton of batteries at their disposal at some point. Aimpoint battery life can last years. Trijicon's can last a decade, which is nice, but than it's done without new tritium or using an alternative source like a glowstick taped on top. All optics can go down for various reasons, which is why you should alway have good irons too.

· Registered
1,655 Posts
@ Fuzzee
Quote: Trijicon's can last a decade, which is nice, but than it's done without new tritium or using an alternative source like a glowstick taped on top. All optics can go down for various reasons, which is why you should alway have good irons too.

The Trijicon's tritium in Acog's is only used in extreme darkness, even without the tritium and the light fiber optic on top they would work a regular scope and still have some light gathering ability to make them usable in the same light that iron sights could be used.

@ Alpha-17
Quote: Bit of advise though, get one of the models that has the battery mounted crossways from the rest of the weapon. Those seem to stay on better/last longer.
If you use 3v lithium AA batteries they will work just like the side mounted battery using a CR123a battery.
Yes but we are talking about illuminated optics, and them staying illuminated aren't we. I was anyways. All good and well, if a person isn't concerned about it as much than there are a whole number of illuminated scopes out there also that will still provide a reticle sight picture with fair light gathering ability besides once the batteries are dead. It all comes down to what a person likes and wants.

;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.