Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you all have planned for entertainment if the everything goes off.. I know we all prep and have allot of things to do right away after things goes crazy but 6 months down the road after the looters all been shot and the perimeter has been secured and some things settle down... what do have you planned for those long quiet nights with family or for yourself..We our selves have a a couple of Portable DVD players, radios, cards, and games..allot of DVDs to..We also made some home DVDs about survival and Wild plants uses and Tanning hides and stuff stored away in our educational box hehe...

Reactions: Moonshinedave

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
well technology wise, a android Mobile phone with a gameboy advance emulator (it's free of Google play) and some roms downloaded to a memory card..

some movies also downloaded to a memory card, that's about it technology wise, will follow for more advice
(oh don't underestimate pokemon for multiplayer entertainment value on these devices, it maybe old, but better than nothing...)

·
Registered
6,286 Posts
Watch my unprepared neighbors and other people that laugh at me for prepping squirm.

I don't think there will be much time for recreation. Hopefully I'll have something to eat and warm place to sleep let alone being on guard so I don't get whacked. Sitting down and reading a book, unless it's something to do with survival etc, won't be on the list. Will always be looking for food, firewood and supplies to prepare for the next winter.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
I have a LOT of board games.

Other than that, the same thing I do today anyways.

Always do something in the yard, rake leaves, turn the compost, pull weeds, feed the chickens, harvest some food, plant more food, prune trees, plus any maintenance that may need to be done on my rainwater system, drip irrigation, house or fencing etc.

I also have a few books. I don't imagine having time dedicated to reading, but maybe after things calm way way down, or maybe there's a day where nothing needs done. Highly unlikely though.

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
Rest by the fire pit, we are going to be tired after a long days work.
I am sure we will figure it out.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
There are 3 posts here that I go with. Mrslnor, Chipper, and MI. oldguy. Books will do just fine when ever you have time in between gathering any supplies such as firewood, fishing and hunting to supplement the freeze dried foods. keeping constant vigilance for any thieves. And as MI. oldguy ask, how do you plan on keeping all those electronic gadgets charged?

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
Everyone here should try this at least often enough to keep it in your mind:

Go somewhere that has no electronics, no cell phone coverage and just basic shelter. You can bring food and drink - but nothing alcoholic - and see what it is like to sit and talk with your family members.

CAUTION: this experiment may introduce feelings and concepts that are foreign to yourself and other family members.

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
Dispatching those pesky looters, chasing down those politicians that still think what they have to say means something, charging batteries with solar panels to play those electric games and ebooks, reloading rounds spent on looters. Entertainment is all what you make of it.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Everyone here should try this at least often enough to keep it in your mind:

Go somewhere that has no electronics, no cell phone coverage and just basic shelter. You can bring food and drink - but nothing alcoholic - and see what it is like to sit and talk with your family members.

CAUTION: this experiment may introduce feelings and concepts that are foreign to yourself and other family members.
Over the years we have spent many a night in the woods or by a lake shore,just us and the kids. Now that it is just the two of us we go out too primitive camp sites and spend time together hiking in the daytime, by the fire at night no phone, no ipads, no electronics, no fancy camper just a tent for shelter just relaxing and watching the night sky. Oh and of course a couple drinks.

·
Super Moderator
9,673 Posts
There are 3 posts here that I go with. Mrslnor, Chipper, and MI. oldguy. Books will do just fine when ever you have time in between gathering any supplies such as firewood, fishing and hunting to supplement the freeze dried foods. keeping constant vigilance for any thieves. And as MI. oldguy ask, how do you plan on keeping all those electronic gadgets charged?
There are ways to charge e-devices. My main interest will be the instruments though. All they require are manual labor and some brain power. Ok, the brain power may be an issue for me but what the hell.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.