Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

Emergency Medical Supplies

5K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  AsteroidX 
I read a small book back in the 90's about using veterinary supplies for humans. Lets say a company manufactures sterile gauze, for the medical field they have to charge a lot more as they have liability insurance against lawsuits. That exact same product sold " for vet use only" doesn't need to have all that insurance since it is just a dog or horse and the potential lawsuit will be low payouts.

So I get most of my medical supplies here

Veterinary Supplies, Medical & Podiatry Products at best prices

Look at the bottom of the home page for Buy one get one free items. These change all the time so just keep going back from time to time for some really good deals. Currently you can get 12 x 2 boxes if sutures for $18. I've gotten silk sutures as low as $10 for 2 boxes.

I got 100 bandaid brand plastic strips 2 for 1 at $2.69 for the 200 strips. If your order is $50 I think you get free freight and with a little larger order they usually throw in a free item and you can purchase surgical instruments for $1 each. Forceps, clamps, scalpels etc.

Also here

Www.calmedvet.com

Search for "fish mox" which will take you to a fish tank treatment that is pharmacy grade amoxicillin in 100 capsule bottles for about $17 in the 250 tablets. They also sell " fish pen" for penicillin and other antibiotics.

Here is a good article on the fish tank treatments

A Doctor's Thoughts on Antibiotics, Expiration Dates, and TEOTWAWKI, by Dr. Bones - SurvivalBlog.com

http://www.truthistreason.net/?is_u...erinary-drugs-for-human-consumption-post-shtf

Also

Your local farm and feed stores sell a lot of vet supplies for cows and pigs that can be used in an emergency. One sure to be seen epidemic will be diarrhea, get a bottle of "scours" medicine, the book I read said to use the dose recommended for pigs at the weight of your patient. I'll it work? Not sure, never had them but if people are dying from diarrhea, why not give it a try. They also sell injectable antibiotics at the real ranch stores, I've seen the hobby farm and ranch stores sometimes do not or require a license.

Oh yea and my favorite livestock medicine that I use on anything chapped or cracked... Bag Balm

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.