Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Mod Squad
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess I'll share a little about myself and what I expect from this forum;

Bored with high school, I dropped out when I turned 17 and joined the army, ending up stationed at Ft Bliss Tx as a tank gunner in the 3rd armored cav. Once out, I took a job in a local machine shop and spent the next 18 years learning the trade. Simple blacksmithing, pattern making and sand casting, tool & die... From manual to advanced CNC machining, been there, done that. Along the way, I picked up degrees in electrical and mechanical engineering. My free time was spent shooting, organic gardening, reading, and woodworking.

My "prepping philosophy" is probably a little different than most. Rather than prep for some SHTF scenario, my goal is to live as self-sustainably as possible... right now and always. In other words: to live almost as if it's a year or 2 after your SHTF scenario. If something happens, please send someone to tell me... I might not otherwise notice. :)

Anyway, that's the goal, I'm not there yet. Right now, I'm in an area with too high a population density. We (my GF and I) are looking to move in the next few months, and will have to start over, but such is life. You might say I'm in the process of bugging out now and you wouldn't be too far off the mark.

I have a lot of ideas and probably talk too much, but I am hoping to share ideas with the forum. I am also interested in meeting people of like mind, but especially those with particular skill sets and well defined moral values (more on these down the road). Hope to talk to you soon.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Welcome to the board. Always happy to see another Vet come on board.

Of course, you know it has to happen.... I deem thee "P'doodle":lol: Sorry brother, but you left me wide open beyond the 3 point arc. I had to take the shot, lol.

·
Mod Squad
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Eh, that works. If it's not obvious from the name, I refuse to take myself too seriously. :)

·
Administrator
15,098 Posts
Welcome from Florida. Thank you for serving our country.
I was Army, 1967-1970.
The wife and I have been living a lifestyle that some might describe as "prepper" for most of our adult life. Our parents were folks who lived through the Great Depression and WWII and taught us how to make do, and do without.
Just "business as usual."

Reactions: Prepadoodle
1 - 11 of 11 Posts