Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This thread will give you the jest of what's on the Library. It is the thread for the DVD data disk library.

http://www.prepperforums.net/forum/classifieds-barter-trade-buy-sell/57770-electronic-library.html

This thread is what this thread is about but it got locked because of a liberal and I arguing back and forth.

http://www.prepperforums.net/forum/...flash-drive-8-88gb-growing-21-00-shipped.html

The library is now 10+ Gigabytes of information. The current cost is $23.50 shipped. I added insurance cost to the price. If you do not want insurance I will deduct $2.50 but I hold no liability. If you receive it damaged or erased its on you. I never dealt with insurance with the DVD disk because they are so cheap. Flash drives while not expensive they are not cheap either.

I have been working on a communications section and it has grown a lot. I will post some of the commo info.
Font Triangle Symbol Symmetry Parallel

View attachment General_-_Shortwave_Radio_101.pdf

View attachment General_-_Shortwave_Radio_Handbook.pdf

View attachment citizens-band.pdf

View attachment Radio-Monitoring-a-How-to-Guide.pdf

View attachment Communication Log.pdf

View attachment EMRG-501_ICS-309_Communications_Log.pdf

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There is a lot more but I'm not uploading everything. I am going to be doing a thread on communications kind of heavy on CB radio and MGRS/FRS because that is what my plans are based on. Hopefully I can get it done soon.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
To the person that bought the flash drive library with a check I mailed it today. Please send me a private message with your name and I will give you the tracking. I lost your contact along the way. All I have is what was in your envelope. If you don't see this then I'm just writing for nothing and you will get it in the mail within a week, lol.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Are you going to offer upgrades for those of us who have already taken advantage of your info?
As much as possible. For the complete library it will take another Flash Drive switch. Maybe I will have to make a supplement of some type. A thread, CD or DVD. I guess I need to do some thinking about it.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
As much as possible. For the complete library it will take another Flash Drive switch. Maybe I will have to make a supplement of some type. A thread, CD or DVD. I guess I need to do some thinking about it.
Any suggestions?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,070 Posts
Any suggestions?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
I'm no computer whiz, but what about a basic website where one pays to download? I don't think it would be that difficult to set up. Maybe a tech-savvy member here could help set it up.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm no computer whiz, but what about a basic website where one pays to download? I don't think it would be that difficult to set up. Maybe a tech-savvy member here could help set it up.
I have thought of that. I like the idea but I don't want the cost associate. This is more hobby and don't really make enough to justify the cost. Maybe something really cheap will come along.

·
Registered
10,070 Posts
I have thought of that. I like the idea but I don't want the cost associate. This is more hobby and don't really make enough to justify the cost. Maybe something really cheap will come along.
How much do all those DVDs and flash drives, plus postage,cost?

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
How much do all those DVDs and flash drives, plus postage,cost?
The 16gb flash drive is about $7.00. DVD's I don't know each. A package of 100 is about $20.00 and shipping is $3.00 and if you want insurance its $2.60. If you were to subtract $10.00 from the price then you will be at my cost more or less.

·
Registered
10,070 Posts
The 16gb flash drive is about $7.00. DVD's I don't know each. A package of 100 is about $20.00 and shipping is $3.00 and if you want insurance its $2.60. If you were to subtract $10.00 from the price then you will be at my cost more or less.
So what you have in expenses for just shipping out to 3 or 4 people will pay for web site hosting.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
To many months where there are no sales versus the upkeep. Sure I have some supplies sitting around but eventually they get used. My thing is I downloaded the files to begin with and it eventually became a pain. So I know how a customer is going to feel and why pay to download it when you can get it free like I did. You just have to find it on the net.
Another con is the uploading of the files. This sucks and it is time consuming. I guess a fear would be that in a way it would flop and then all the work of uploading would have been for nothing.

Not saying no but just cautious. Maybe after the holidays I will check out website hosting, cost associated and if my terminology is right the bandwidth of loading and downloading.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
During the black Friday sales I was able to buy 10ea SanDisk Cruzer Blade 32GB flash drives. I wanted to buy more but the wife said no. So until I run out I will be using the above 32GB. If I were you I would ask beforehand if I still have the 32GB available. Once I run out I am going back to the 16GB flash drives.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts