Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I'm new here, and perhaps this is a no-brainer but I feel the need to post this anyways, perhaps I can help at least one person.
I've always felt there are a couple things that makes a person wise: Realize you don't know everything and Understand you can learn something from almost anyone, even someone many years younger than you, and don't be too proud, or stupid, to listen
This is one of the reasons I joined this website, to learn some things I didn't know or thought about. Another valuable resource I've been using a lot is YOUTUBE Now, I'm not one of these people who believe everything I hear, read or see, I look at youtube like going around talking to different people. Some people are simply full of crap, and don't know what they are talking about, but many other do know what they are talking about. It's up to me/us to determine whats worth remembering and what was a waste of time. One good example is Dakota Hole Fire used to build a fire in windy areas, places dry where you might cause a wild fire....ect. I look up a lot of survival things from fire starting to purifying water.
The second point, don't be too proud to listen to people, over the many years, I have been amazed how some people simply lock their minds off to someone younger or maybe newer (employed at where I work) trying to tell them something. It's like "I've been here so much longer than you, I am older than you, don't insult me by trying to tell me anything" I've found that to be crazy, and they are just short-changing themselves.
We live during times now via the internet that so much information is right here at our finger tips, we'd be stupid not to use it.
Well, that is about it, I hope at least I have gave something to think about. Thanks for allowing me to post,
-dave-

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
..I have been amazed how some people simply lock their minds off to someone younger or maybe newer..
Yeah Jesus was only 12 when he had a debate with the snooty priests, and 29 when he started strutting his stuff bigtime and calling them out by telling them-
"You're full of it!"

"The prostitutes are entering God's kingdom ahead of you, you think you look good in your fancy robes but inside you're full of filth and corruption!" (Matt 21:32/Matt 23:27)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts