Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
101 - 105 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
I have so many knives I rotate my daily carries.
The latest two (came last week) are a Kershaw Mainfold assisted opening, and a reproduction of the Helden Rand Kat, a WWII German soldiers utility lock back. I carry them both daily, at the moment.

My Buck 110 was earned by my service with Georgia Pacific and has the company name and triangle logo engraved in the left hand scale. I've had it 25 years now.

I am a gun and knife junkie. I especially like military knives, especially of the WWII era.
PICTURES PLEASE!!!

·
Administrator
15,633 Posts
PICTURES PLEASE!!!
One day I'll learn how to post pictures.
Can they be uploaded straight from my phone, as easy as posting something to Facebook?
I've got a bunch of knives, to be sure.
Right know I'm trying to clean a Mauser bayonet that went straight from the production line into cosmoline and storage in 1944. Never issued. The blade is blued, deep, beautiful blue like on a handgun. I got it for my numbers matching M1938 K.Kale Turkish Mauser. I scored it for a whopping $40 at our small town pawn shop!

·
Super Moderator
1-6 months, natural disasters or economic collapse
10,723 Posts
One day I'll learn how to post pictures.
Can they be uploaded straight from my phone, as easy as posting something to Facebook?
Should be.
You have two options. First one is an icon that looks like a landscape picture in a frame. Tap that, and then tap the large box the appears. Choose your pic. You can also use that interface to link to a picture online. Just tap the icon in the new box that looks like two chain links, and paste the URL of the online picture.
Second option allows you to pick a picture you've uploaded to your album on the site. That icon looks like a camera.
It will open a new window allowing you to choose from your album. Unless you've uploaded something, this will likely be empty.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I own several folders but none of which that I carry with me as an EDC. My Buck 110 for example has been kept in a "memories" drawer (gifts or possessions given to me by people i cared about that passed away) for nearly 2 decades. I have probably owned like 100 folders over the past 40 + years.

I was a huge folder guy then over 20 years ago I stopped buying folders due to all the problems & accidents that I had with them and switched to full tang knives. I have not looked back since. I still have a folder in my SUV that hasn't been used for around 10 years (Schrade 470T Old Timer USA beast folding knife).

I carry an EDC bag with me when ever I leave my home that houses 2 knives.

the Schrade SCHF57
Hood Automotive lighting Automotive design Motor vehicle Astronomical object

and the Victorinox Swiss Army Swiss Champ

Food Tableware Automotive lighting Ingredient Debrecener

Realize I live in Queens, NY practically on the border to Nassau County and here the knife laws are rather strict compared to upstate NY.

If I am going camping or backpacking, I bring a larger & thicker knife. ( I have too many knives in different locations throughout my home & SUV to start collecting to take a photo)

{ Ka-Bar BK2 Companion, Boker Magnum lil Giant, TOPS Mil Spie 3, Oerla TAC OLF-1008, Condor Tool & Knife Rodan, United Cutlery Tanto, } to name a few off the top of my head.

neck knives: Ka-Bar Becker Necker & this cheaply priced but great design skeleton neck knife from BudK
Automotive lighting Hood Liquid Barware Automotive exterior

I just think this is the best sheath I have ever owned retention wise, whistle is a nice touch too I also love the finger gimps on top and below and the Tanto tip.

101 - 105 of 105 Posts