Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
61 - 80 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
No tourist, I don't know Joyce. Does she have a website with a company name that you can log onto or do you have to call her on the phone or do I have to go through you, what's the story.
I know this is kind of an old post but. Yes the Joyce tourist is talking about can be found on the web as "Horizon Blade Works."

·
Registered
6,223 Posts
Thanks, 2sharp2, I always forget that I dial up Joyce by simple rote. In fact, I've been trying to get ahold of her to buy a 4-inch stiletto with a plain-Jane fuller blade. I have one with a pearly handle that looks like it belongs to pimp gambler.

Yes, I carry a pistol. But I have carried stilettos since 1964. That, and I went out for the university fencing team, as I had in high school, so edged weapons come naturally. It appears that Madison has gone the way of Milwaukee and Chicago--it's just not as bad yet...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks, 2sharp2, I always forget that I dial up Joyce by simple rote. In fact, I've been trying to get ahold of her to buy a 4-inch stiletto with a plain-Jane fuller blade. I have one with a pearly handle that looks like it belongs to pimp gambler.

Yes, I carry a pistol. But I have carried stilettos since 1964. That, and I went out for the university fencing team, as I had in high school, so edged weapons come naturally. It appears that Madison has gone the way of Milwaukee and Chicago--it's just not as bad yet...
How does this post relate to your or my EDC knife?

Attachments

·
Registered
341 Posts
How does this post relate to your or my EDC knife?
I'm new. I don't know any of the history between members. But I looked at this quote

"Yes, I carry a pistol. But I have carried stilettos since 1964. That, and I went out for the university fencing team, as I had in high school, so edged weapons come naturally. It appears that Madison has gone the way of Milwaukee and Chicago--it's just not as bad yet..."

..and had to read back through the entire thread to find if there was any context (finding none). I wasn't sure where WI and IL cities fell into the conversation, and HS fencing teams? *shrug*

Can't we just get back to arguing about screws falling out?

·
Banned
5,063 Posts
I'm new. I don't know any of the history between members. But I looked at this quote

"Yes, I carry a pistol. But I have carried stilettos since 1964. That, and I went out for the university fencing team, as I had in high school, so edged weapons come naturally. It appears that Madison has gone the way of Milwaukee and Chicago--it's just not as bad yet..."

..and had to read back through the entire thread to find if there was any context (finding none). I wasn't sure where WI and IL cities fell into the conversation, and HS fencing teams? *shrug*

Sure.

New fangeled machine made mass produced screw knives suck hyne.

Old school craftsmanship will be my choice. Those $12.99 you have have are crap. I put more value on my life than $12.99 for survival in the woods and around the farm/homestead.

Oh and Joyce sells junk lol!

·
Registered
341 Posts
Sure.

New fangeled machine made mass produced screw knives suck hyne.

Old school craftsmanship will be my choice. Those $12.99 you have have are crap. I put more value on my life than $12.99 for survival in the woods and around the farm/homestead.

Oh and Joyce sells junk lol!
I feel like some folks haven't stopped drinking eggnog... was this post directed at me? I don't own any $12.99 knives, nor do I have a clue about this Joyce folks are talking about. I'm not involved in that conversation. My EDC rotation is solid quality, with retail amounts between $200-800 each.

·
Registered
9,222 Posts

He drifts like I do.

Use blue Loctite on them like I do.

·
Banned
5,063 Posts
I feel like some folks haven't stopped drinking eggnog... was this post directed at me? I don't own any $12.99 knives, nor do I have a clue about this Joyce folks are talking about. I'm not involved in that conversation. My EDC rotation is solid quality, with retail amounts between $200-800 each.
Joyce-inside joke.

200.00 to 800.00 Geesh they saw you coming.:roll:

·
Banned
5,063 Posts
Full disclosure here, Hawg is a troll and proud of it.
Some may define learning what makes people tick as trolling.

What I know about 3hondas so far is -
He likes rice.

He buy more jap cars than American.

He likes to overpay for screwed together machine made knives.

He doesn't seem to be afraid to kick some dirt back.

He has not done his research here to learn about the members and moderators before he jumped in and went full retard with the report post button.

So that's what I have so far. :vs_cool::tango_face_grin:

·
Registered
9,222 Posts
When you say "drifts"...is this code for more eggnog? Or was this an autocorrect for "drinks"?

;)
When I say drift that is what I mean, he is old, @ 70,

and old people have a tendency to drift off of a subject and to something unrelated within the post.

Talk about guns it drifts into knife polishing.

Talk about food storage it turns into stilettoes.

Talk about knives it turns into a coffee shop, never stays on track.

That is what happens when you get old, you drift.

I should add that I do not drink any alcohol whatsoever, never have.

Even at my age I drift occasionally.:devil:

·
Registered
6,223 Posts
Heck, people at 70 years of age are usually the guys who buy expensive cars, and settle down with expensive women. I didn't come all this way to wind up in worn out blue jeans and cheap diner food. I have a lot of other really nice stuff in my pockets for detractors...

·
Registered
9,222 Posts
Heck, people at 70 years of age are usually the guys who buy expensive cars, and settle down with expensive women. I didn't come all this way to wind up in worn out blue jeans and cheap diner food. I have a lot of other really nice stuff in my pockets for detractors...
Hey, that's OK, I am right there with you except for the cheap diner, I have 2 guns in my pockets and a folding Gerber with Loctite' d screws.

The cheap diner is too far away for me now, besides it is in gang territory now.

This is it, and quite famous at that.

Use to eat breakfast there every morning after night shift, for two years.

A couple of MC clubs stop there in force every so often.

See I drift too.

Window Building Motor vehicle Fixture Neighbourhood

·
Registered
16 Posts

@tourist understands the meme! His screws have been MIA for a long time! Have you heard about him being a "biker?" See pic

Attachments

61 - 80 of 105 Posts