Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Do you have an EDC Emergency Pack? What's in yours? I decided I needed a bag that I can take with me just about every where I go with everything I need for an emergency situation. Something that will not look out of the ordinary in public but will contain everything I need in an emergency situation. So I started off with an old Wenger Swiss Army laptop backpack I had laying around with a broken buckle. I went to Jo-Ann Fabrics and picked up a new buckle for $2, Now It's back in action. Then I went for things I knew I'd need and had available. To cover the basics Food, Water, Fire, Shelter, First Aid, & Protection. So here is a list of whats in there so far.
  • 299 pcs first aid kit
  • 3 MREs
  • Benchmade knife
  • cheap multi-tool
  • 100ft of nylon cord
  • matches (1 Lrg box sealed in a ziplock)
  • 3 small round boxes of drier lint (sealed)
  • 1 roll of orange marking tape
  • 1 roll of electrical tape
  • 1 roll of duct tape
  • 1 heavy clear plastic tarp
  • 2 Mylar blankets
  • 1 compass
  • 2 pairs of socks
  • 1 pair of cold weather gloves
  • 1 winter hat
  • 1 set of thermals
  • 1 shemagh
  • 2 cans of Sterno
  • 1 Surefire G2X Pro flashlight
  • 1 set of spare batteries for flashlight
  • pen, sharpie & note pad
  • Ruger LCP & spare mag
  • 2 32oz bottles of water
  • 1 bag of peanuts
  • 6 razor blades
  • 2 bandanas
Its quite amazing what you can fit in backpack. I still have a little room in the backpack for some small odds and ends. Would you add anything else? I plan on changing a few things out for higher quality and more functional items. I ordered a Leatherman OHT to replace the cheap multi-tool and ordered some para-cord also.
This is what the backpack looks like all packed up except for the water bottles.
IMG_09111.jpg

1 - 1 of 1 Posts