Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

It’s been a while since I’ve posted. I have been continually working on my preps and home self-sufficient needs. I wanted to get on here and just throw some stuff out and get your guises opinions of some things that are starting to concern me more and more.

First let me ask everyone’s opinion on China storing all of the food supplies? I also ask if everybody remembers back in October November when China recommended for all of its residents to stock up on food supplies? I think there’s something that said here for everyone else to be cautious of.

Second let’s talk about the lumen economy. I am at the point in my life where I have a significant amount of money invested into my retirement. Elon musk just come out over the weekend and said that he expects a recession to hit us somewhere between spring and summer of 2022 or at least by the beginning of 2023. There’s also been talk from other investors such as Warren Buffett stating that he believes that there is a recession coming in or near future.

these are things that all of us should be cautious of and should be preparing for there is a lot of people that say they prepare and truly have no idea what will be coming.

My question to all of you is do you see the same things that I’m seeing? Do you feel that we are in fact in this game where governments around the world are playing with the monetary system? Do you feel the great reset is truly upon us? Do you think that we will be seeing these events hit us by the end of 2022 going into 2023?

·
Registered
142 Posts
I’d be hard pressed to put a date on it, but I agree, it feels like something is going to happen within the next few years. I’ve heard all the same things you have and do find them concerning. My retirement is tied up in land. You can devalue it, but it’s not going away.

·
Administrator
15,482 Posts
We are overdue for a recession, Forbes was predicting one in the near future in 2018.
Recessions are cyclical, there are no "outside actors" manipulating economics.
JP Morgan is predicting one in the next year. They said this in February 2020.

I have no control over it, therefore I refuse to worry about it.

·
Administrator
15,482 Posts
Reactions: BamaDOC

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
If you don't actually have your assets in hand what do you really have??

·
Registered
507 Posts
The Chicoms can only hoard foodstuffs if the nations producing them allows it. China has serious food stabiltiy issues and if countries like the US and Canada were to threaten the food they export to the Chicoms then you'd see a much less rabid panda. Food at times can be a far more effective weapon than armies The Chicoms starved 75 million of their own people during The Great Leap Forward and even today think nothing of mass murder and genocide.

Time the West wakes the blank up and uses the tools it has keep the Chicoms in check. It's either that or get used to mandarins and I ain't talking oranges

Godspeed

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The Chicoms can only hoard foodstuffs if the nations producing them allows it. China has serious food stabiltiy issues and if countries like the US and Canada were to threaten the food they export to the Chicoms then you'd see a much less rabid panda. Food at times can be a far more effective weapon than armies The Chicoms starved 75 million of their own people during The Great Leap Forward and even today think nothing of mass murder and genocide.

Time the West wakes the blank up and uses the tools it has keep the Chicoms in check. It's either that or get used to mandarins and I ain't talking oranges

Godspeed
I fully agree.

on a sidenote there seems to be a lot less activity on here since the last time I was gone. There was a few other people that are we’re always posting like backpack and a few other guys that I haven’t seen post did something happen?

·
Administrator
15,482 Posts
I fully agree.

on a sidenote there seems to be a lot less activity on here since the last time I was gone. There was a few other people that are we’re always posting like backpack and a few other guys that I haven’t seen post did something happen?
Forum rules that had always been in place since the very beginning had slowly gone by the wayside.
One disaffected member complained about a particular post to the HQ of the company that owns this board, and moderators and administrators were told to enforce the rules.
Many members, being used to doing whatever they wanted, got mad and left.

Reactions: stowlin

·
Registered
507 Posts
I fully agree.

Yep. This used to be quite a lively forum. A lot better than FB or the nest of neo, liberal, progressive, WokeA** BrokeA**, tripe vipers on Reddit.

Maybe those folks know somwthing we don't and have gone to ground.

Godspeed

·
Registered
4 Posts
To quote Willie Nelson, "phases and stages, circles and cycles, things we've all seen before", just not in our lifetime. If you want a good wake-up call regarding "booms and busts" read Ray Dailo's The Changing World Order. What we are seeing has been going on for millennium. He dissects 500 years of cycles in western world and 1400 years of cycles in China. The Big Cycles have been repeating themselves and will continue to do so.

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
The cycle monitors are quite perplexed. Truth is we’ve been over do for a sad state of times. Many in my world think these are being delayed by innovation and governance. Not sure how long that can last.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts