Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
922 Posts
Of course, you have heard about the genetically modified salmon. They are actually "building" them out of the country and then importing them.
All govt. approved.

·
Registered
161 Posts
This is why I am going to ramp up my raising of chickens and butcher them myself. I already raise sheep and have several lambs butchered a year. We also buy beef from someone we know that raises the cow locally. We have know idea what the hell goes into our food, but I assure you it is not good. Hopefully this year will be the year we get 100% of our meat supply from either what we raise or from someone that we know.

·
Administrator
14,702 Posts
A number of years ago a lot of my neighbors were chicken farmers, before a large nationwide poultry company (name witheld for my own protection) shut down it's local processing plant. If you knew everything involved in commercial chicken raising and processing ya'll would think twice about what brand you buy.
We do.
I am firmly convinced that the American rates of cancer, autistic children, obesity and drug resistant bacteria (among other things) are a direct result of what is put in, and put on, the food we eat.

Reactions: StarPD45

·
Registered
324 Posts
I live in a county with huge 'egg factories'. They stink and they pollute our water. My nitrate level is very high. I have an RO system. I raise chickens for eggs, but it is getting to be time to raise chicken for meat again. I have done it before, and it isn't that hard. It's messy, but, probably worthwhile given the toxins the industry is passing off as food.

·
Banned
1,683 Posts
This is why I am going to ramp up my raising of chickens and butcher them myself. I already raise sheep and have several lambs butchered a year. We also buy beef from someone we know that raises the cow locally. We have know idea what the hell goes into our food, but I assure you it is not good. Hopefully this year will be the year we get 100% of our meat supply from either what we raise or from someone that we know.
what are your thoughts on raising sheep? I am interested in those or goats because I love lamb. Hard to do?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts