Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are a few easy and simple traps that anyone can easily make. Can be used to catch lunch or an enemy intruder..

·
Banned
62 Posts
you have to first replace the grenade fuse with the fuse from a smoke grenade, so as to eliminate the 4-5 second delay. That is plenty of time to realize the error, run 10 yds and dive prone. So the unaltered grenade trap is likely to be of use only at night, when the enemy does not realize what he has just tripped.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Unless you are a Kaczinsky style lone wolf with no children or family I would not recommend any of these traps, I prefer live traps, then I can choose what needs killing.

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
The pit traps can be covered until they are needed and if you exchange pipe mortars for the grenade traps and use electric ignitors then you can make them inert until you need them.

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
Good girl, now go put it back! :)

Reactions: KYPrepper

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
This would Make a really good post if everyone would post there ideas for security and capturing food which is becoming a lost art

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
Pit traps have been used for millenia to trap or kill large and dangerous game. Leg-hold traps have also been used over the centuries. Bow traps, rakes, dead falls, and falling debris traps are all "old" technology that still works. The claymore started out as a very long sword used to take a horses legs out and later became a buried mortar and finally the high explosive devices used today.

Plant a couple of buried mortars with a couple of pit traps off to the side with stakes pointing up and you can take out a few people at one time. Combining different traps in various patterns can reduce a large group to nothing more than a nuisance.

·
Registered
904 Posts
I forget the exact FM#, but the Field Manual covering improvised explosives from the U.S. Gov't covers some interesting topics. As for the traps, there is a wealth of information in virtually every wilderness survival manual pre-dating the last decade or so.

·
Registered
27 Posts
You can build yourbown landmines out of a tin can, nails and blackpowder. The trigger is made out of a 4.5v battery, one pole is already connected to the ignition, the other one connects if someone stands on the batterymade trigger. I think i don't need to explain what happens then. You can also seperate the mine from the trigger with longer cables. So your able to place the mine on headlevel in a tree or something.

·
Registered
988 Posts
I dont think black powder would be powerful enough to create the explosive charge needed to frag kill. Black powder is low energy...and "burns rapidly" rather than explodes. Modern smokeless powder would likely produce better results.

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
I dont think black powder would be powerful enough to create the explosive charge needed to frag kill. Black powder is low energy...and "burns rapidly" rather than explodes. Modern smokeless powder would likely produce better results.
I beg to differ (especially when using smokeless powder in a altoids size or bigger can), it wont kill you on the spot although it will do enough damage to your feet to make you wished it did. Obviously the addition of capacity and shrapnel will add to the effect. Like almost all improvised devices, there are no safety features which makes it as dangerous to assemble as they are when deployed against an adversary. I could think of much more efficient uses of gun powder though...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Saw that on doomsday preppers. It failed like 3 times lol
....IT worked well 20 years ago when i first tested it,infact 3 for 3, saw it on some raw footage out of bosnia...guess it all depends on your "actual" skill level...Doomsday preppers was a joke, and an insult to real survivalists,weather or not those guys were idiots is beside my point, they were portrayed as such, They did nothing but harm and negative exposure to the movement...jmho.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am not a big fan of deep pit traps, I like to keep the enemy guessing. If they would send out a recon and spot one by accident its kind of hard to camo over and move. I would go with any type of impaling movable trip- style trap. But that's just my 2 cent.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Believe it or not...if rigging a trip wire style booby trap, the easiest way is an actual gun (cheapest possible for booby trap purposes) placed behind some tannerite. Rig ball bearings or some other frag to the container (claymore style). A small jar (say 3 lbs packed tight!!!) made with glued frag initiated by a powerful enough firearm that was rigged with a primative trigger rigging would suffice for all but heavily armored intruders.

Hell that may even take out unarmored vehicles.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts