Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are some websites you reccomend to monitor Earth's activity?

Such as: Earthquake, Volcano, Solar activity?

I use Welcome to the USGS - U.S. Geological Survey for Earthquakes.

We here in California hada 6.2 Earthquake in the sea by Catalina Island last week, i was reading that geologist who work for usgs itself were actually stunned that, that specific fault line could have that kind of magnitude. I guess that fault line has never had any large magnitude activity and they are concerned with that fact now. :eek:

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
I used to have a real-time satellite view of earth in my favourites list some time ago but lost it by mistake. It was great to have a birds-eye view of weather systems and stuff from far out in space, it was in authentic true colour too, not that gaudy false-colour shit.
I'll search around for it and post the link here if I find it

·
Registered
466 Posts
Of course they were stunned. Just like a few years ago stunned them again when some kind of excavation in L.A. revealed lots of fault lines they knew nothing about. My understanding of la is that it is honeycombed with fault lines, much like a spider web.

Also , I use a site called "RedAlert" Strange getting it set up , but once you do, you get instant email's on everything going on that you listed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts