Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

Dupont kevlar xp

3K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  Grinch 
#1 ·
So if a person has an excessive amount of this fabric what would you guys think an appropriate use would be? Based off reading it's used frequently in bullet proof applications.. so ideas?
Product Font Packaging and labeling Box Auto part

See less See more
#6 ·
That's a really great idea.
I like @Auntie's idea.
Determine how many layers a professionally made Kevlar backpack insert uses, add 50-75% to that, and make your own.

Am I misreading the packaging? Do you really have 90 THOUSAND kilograms of Kevlar?
No not misreading but I have 5 rolls of the same size . Figure I will sell some too

#7 ·
The way things are going on the road I'd insert some in the doors and rear seat/trunk divider, I've taken a few CHP car door panels off and they had Kevlar in them. We have had a few Freeway shootings in are area lately, another idea is to make a safe room in the house but I also like the backpack idea.

#13 ·
Personally I'd look into making a lightweight shield, either a riot shield style or a gun mounted one. Not very practical but might be useful in an Alamo situation

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.