Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The wife is heading to the supermarket this afternoon for provisions to put in the FOB. I figured it would be fun to do a full on dress sniper hide out in the woods. So here I am with my ghilley suit with broken maple branches and ash leaves hanging all over me in a fence row over looking a hard wood creek ravine. I have my SIG M-400 and my new M&P 9. Waiting for an unsuspecting varmint. It is hard to type on my smart phone while peering through my cowboy hat. I tell ya a chipmunk is really going to be surprised when I scream out gooks in the wire and light his ass up.

What do you do to rehearse?

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
Let's see, it was back in 1973 I think. That was the last time I used camo to hide from cops.... That was a weird night. I was out away from the city lights and near some woods crossing the street when a car crested the hil coming towards me....
I hit the deck in some tall grass and waited while the car came up, stopped and then drove on. Then i made my way to the brush and hid just in time to see them coming back around.

We played hide and seek for about ten minutes and then they drove away. I went home and changed clothes and a friend of mine (county cop) called to ask if I had been at the junction playing with some cops..... It wasn't him but he knew it was me. He didn't rat on me and we never discussed it after that. I got to thinking...... what do you say to a cop with his gun drawn asking you what you are doing?????? I couldn't come up with a good answer.

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
It wasn't deer season and it was a county "residential" area with the nearest house about 100 yards away. I didn't have a bow, I was carrying my 357 but it was illegal to use for hunting back then... Good try though....

·
Mod Squad
2,260 Posts
I got to thinking...... what do you say to a cop with his gun drawn asking you what you are doing?????? I couldn't come up with a good answer.
Tell him you are dodging the draft and aren't coming out until the Viet Nam war is over. :p

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm waiting on the post mission debrief.
Post mission debrief, I got in and got back out with out being spotted.

I enjoy setting in the woods on my property even if I am not actually hunting,

I always take a fire arm just in case there is a coyote or a raccoon or some varmint of oppratunity.

I have also seen a few red squirrels on our property and that really makes me want to fire bomb the woods, I HATE RED SQUIRRELS

So I go down the edge of my field to where the ravine hill side is steep and you can see for a couple of hundred yards, crawl to a down fall or group of trees and lay up for a three hours and become part of the land scape.

I did see a chip munk and did some quick math in my head, 30 rounds at .59 per round equals 17.70, do I really want to spend that on a chirping chip monk.

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Today was opening day of small game season in the great state of Michigan.

It started raining after the cow chores and stacking hay but I just had to go out.

To wet to wear a ghilley suit as it makes a huge mildew mess if you get all rained on, so I wore just the standard camo, ( I am on my private property you know)

So we have three fox squirrel in the fridge in a big bole of salt water.

We will have nut chewer from the crock pot for supper tomorrow.

five rounds from my .22 magnum, I love the thing for squirrel.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.