Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

Doomsday Preppers National Geographic Official Thread

5K views 36 replies 9 participants last post by  acidlittle 
#1 ·
WooooHooo! Its on! The first one, was awesome, I would actually pay anything to live there. Love the storage containers tied together.

#2 ·
I loved what the lady said "We have became a nation that expects to be taken care of." This is SO true. Their ideas were to work as a community instead. My thoughts went directly towards Japan last year, they all remained calm during the earthquake and helped each other.

#5 ·
AB3 said:
It was ok, had a mobile trucker as a Preppers, he might have trouble quick. Then they had an obsessive compulsive lady waiting for a pandemic, I think her family might take her out before it actually happens. Well prepared but way over the top.
LOL. I like that "Her family might take her out before it actually happens"! I can't wait to see it tonight on DVR! Thanks for the update, and BTW, WELCOME!

#6 ·
I don't get nat geo so i have to watch it on Youtube in horrible quality, the most well prepped family was the one with the shipping containers I think last week. They had their shit together. But what got me was when they shot the shipping containers to see if it was bullet proof. They shot it with the smallest calibre a .22....not many people will assault a house with a .22

#7 ·
acidlittle said:
I don't get nat geo so i have to watch it on Youtube in horrible quality, the most well prepped family was the one with the shipping containers I think last week. They had their shit together. But what got me was when they shot the shipping containers to see if it was bullet proof. They shot it with the smallest calibre a .22....not many people will assault a house with a .22
I agree they were the most prepared for anything. The guy was a Vietnam Vet (thumbs up everyone!). At first I thought the same thing, but then after watching it (I think I've watched it about 13 times now LOL), I took it as "they are starting out with...." a .22, which they didn't say, but led me to beleive they are going to move up in caliber. Just a hunch, but I guess I would start with a .22 as well and move up from there. One thing I do not like the Nat Geo show is I haven't seen one family that say's "I'm preparing for everything or anything that could happen". They are all specific (EMP, Finicial Crisis, Earthquake, Nuclear etc).

#8 ·
acidlittle said:
If you got to their website their already selling the complete season before it finishes on DVD, I'm guessing just in case tshtf before it runs it's course.

Adam

#9 ·
HAHA, I like that. "selling the whole season before its released!"

I watched lasts nights epi tonight. The trucker actually made me sad about his situation, but proud that he's determined.

The lady with the pandemic to me was "prepped" with medical supplies, but not safeguarding her home well enough, nor I didn't catch anything on food storage with her. I agree she was driving her family a little nutty.... (the old man said he only wanted to watch the ballgame), but then again, she's showing compassion for her family, as well as her neighbors by giving them preps. I think that was very wise of her to do that with her neighbors, start getting them into prepping. I'm sure that cost her what... $20/30 dollars for each house that she went to, but thats 20/30 well invested in case shtf and protecting her immediate surroundings. I do beleive that she needs to take it up a notch if she is that concerned with getting biosuits, gas masks with hepa filters as well as making isolation areas. Maybe even take some classes in medical emergencies to better educate on diseases etc.

The last guy "Kevin", made a very smart move. I hope he knows what he's getting into though with the goats, sheep etc. His site is 1800 feet, I live at 1700 feet and the winds among living between some trees are some of my concerns. Tornados migh be a factor to prep for, but he said that he's going to prepare his new home for any disaster. You could tell that they had good family morals and values. I'm glad to see the kids had adjusted after the move.

#13 ·
Think what you will about it, but I think the producers of doomsday preppers are trying to make us look stupid and crazy so the sheeple will further marginalize the movement and pass it off as just more crazies from down south. I really don't like that show plus they insult each guest at the end of their segment. Like the guy blowing his thumb off? and they seem to get the really out there fringe of preppers. I gotta say I do not like that show or its scummy producer. I heard an interview recently with him and he thinks preppers are dumb as hell. That's exactly what he's doing, he's trying to use the media to marginalize us.

#17 ·
The guy that did the bird noises: At first you would think he was a little not there, eating dead animals on the road, whistling for security etc. But if you listen to him he makes sense and is aware of his surroundings. He was very good to his kids and I'm sure all his survival techniques were learned in NAM anyway. I like the show. I hope they keep on playing the episodes.

#18 ·
Hi Guys, just uploaded episode 1 (in full) of the doomsday prepper series onto my youtube channel, will upload 2,3,4 and 5 over the next 5 days, the youtube channel is PeterPrepper

Just thought I would let you know incase anybody had not been watching the new season of doomsday preppers.

Will catch up with this thread tomorrow :)

EDIT.....Its in excellent quality on my channel just for you Acid :D

#19 ·
Thanks man you better be careful, youtube will ban you or take the videos off if they are done illegally. Upload number 5 that's the only one i have missed :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.