Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Yah I think its all for ratings not realistic...Ill stick with the below ground cellar / bunker til it passes over....:D

Reactions: MikeyPrepper

·
Super Moderator
9,192 Posts
They embarrass me no end. I think we really need to come up with a handle for us. The guy incinerating the chicken under the giant Fresnel lens tripped my funny bone when he burn himself on the short circuiting wires at the battery and by sticking his hand in the focus point of the lens.

Did anybody notice the guy with the bus didn't seem to have and "armor" on the sides of the bus or did I miss it? I did notice that the area where he had the "gas generator" was wide open. What happens if a bullet penetrates the generator?

·
Registered
900 Posts
I find the show a prime example of how incompetent we are as a country. This show is a joke. What it should be is a non political show teaching people how to prepare for emergencies. If they taught people what to do based on different examples of what could happen in their area maybe people would have a chance to learn something useful.
Why not teach people how to protect themselves rather than make people who do look stupid? It is all about the sensationalism of everything isn't it? it is such a big deal on the news when people start dying in these storms and they love to dwell on people's heartbreak when they loose everything. Showing blood covered victum of these storms, or bombings or what ever is happening at the time is what draws people to the tv to watch the news. every time you turn on the news it is full of stories of tragedy that could be prevented with a little education and prepping.

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
Sensationalism sells. It sells almost as well as sex but you can't have sex on the airwaves. These shows are put on for two major reasons. The first is entertainment to sell products and the second is to label "preppers" as crazy, incompetent fools so they can be separated as one of the fringe groups that shouldn't be allowed to exist.

I don't have TV and don't listen to the radio much so I shouldn't bother commenting but it is clear from the descriptions what this is all about.

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
I have made enough swinging gongs for targets to know what it would take to stop a bullet and what that force is likely to do to the one wearing it. I shot three times at a six inch gong from 75 yards with one of my handguns thinking that I missed it because it didn't move. When I walked up to it I found three holes in a nice cloverleaf punched through the 1/2" plate. It penetrated so fast that it didn't swing the gong at all.

·
Registered
16 Posts
My blood was boiling as I watched the 2 Jackasses building "armor" and saying their goal was to take from other Preppers..."marauders". From a marketing stand point...brilliant. I kept watching thinking these morons were going to off themselves at any point. From a Prep standpoint...this unequivocally sets back any attempt to wake more people up to the need. My .02 cents...

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
But these are the guys the sheeple will be looking for - not us. Let them advertise where they are and what they have and leave me alone.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.