Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
61 - 75 of 75 Posts

· Registered
21,643 Posts
The show is to make us look like idiots. They can't have people taking this serious that means the government would lose control over them.

Reactions: C5GUY

· Registered
1,281 Posts
I liked how they all left the safety of cover to get captured by a couple of cops who were not even trying. When the jerk said he has 10 percent of his food and water supplies were poisoned/ tainted and he is the only one who knows which ones. So when he gets offed for doing something stupid his family will poison themselves with their own food stores. Brilliant!!!

· Registered
200 Posts
I originally started watching the show to learn some things. This is what I have learned/surmised over the last few months:

1. Border Wars is about the only decent show on NatGeo. Been there, done that.
2. Doomsday Preppers is all about making prepper people look like a bunch of crackpot, ******* dumbassess so the rest of the intelligentsia can laugh at them
3. Most of those folks wouldn't make two days let alone two to eight months
4. Have any of them actually gone to a firearms course? WTF, Over?
5. If those are the ones who will inherit the Earth, well the Earth is ****ing doomed.

· Registered
2,417 Posts
The two guys that teamed up (Chiropractor and Radiation guy) on that 700 acre land..... <----THIS is exactly why I choose NOT to form a group within myself. The guy shot the gun inside the platform and the chiropractor guy started bawling. Excuse me, but there are much worse things I've endured with a gun and if he couldn't take that, then I'm seeing him overran when shtf easily. The other guy, I forgot his name, I'll call him Eddie from National Lampoons was asked to leave by the chiropractor after 4 years of prepping with him. Like he's his boss or something.

I choose to "group" in with my family (which could even be worse). I know some do not have family, but where was all the relatives at?
I couldn't agree more! I couldn't believe he cried on national TV! He had hearing protection on and he had to lie on the ground and have a medic check on him!? There was a lot about that episode that made them look like crack pots and made prepping a negative thing.

· Registered
1,595 Posts
I watch it because know matter how dumb it is I still find something I didn't think about like the man who had 4x8 3/4 ply boards made up with a large bolt in the center so all he has to do is put a crossmember with a hole in it and bolt it down on the other side of the window.

· Registered
363 Posts
Looks like it's become nothing more than a a show about the "Lifestyles of the Rich and Eccentric". Don't get me wrong, I wish I could spend $100,000 on just my reloading set up, like the guy on the show tonight. And I do learn something new or get a new idea once in awhile. But, it just seems they search out the people with the money and the most elaborate set ups anymore. Wish they would show people who are actually more mainstream. That could be a lot more useful for the general pop. Oh well, at least it's entertaining.

61 - 75 of 75 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.