Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
41 - 60 of 75 Posts

· Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 · (Edited)
Did you see the one tonight? OH MY GOD me and hank were howling with laughter
Deleted this whacky ass program off of my DVR list. It was almost like Nat Geo was using this crap to make fun of preppers. I always tell anyone that asks that I am not a prepper I just really like guns and have a hoarding problem.

· Registered
93 Posts
just remember these folks are getting paid pretty good to go along with the scripts and yes its all about ratings

you can learn from the show, some good but also what not to do.

I like it because I want the whole world to watch and then write me off as a retard and/or under estimate me.

· Registered
33 Posts
I couldn't agree more...BUT...some of those chuckleheads have a few good ideas iv found useful. I'm a former Marine who knows 1st hand what civil unrest and the like can do to civilization. So my family & I have begun to prepare for the times to come.
former Marine? Those dont exist. ;) back on topic, the show has its informative moments but definitely seems more scripted/edited now. As someone just starting to prep, I wouldn't agree to going on that show personally.

· Registered
2,840 Posts
I caught one episode from last season and quickly arrived to the conclusion that for NG this was about Entertainment/Ratings and nothing of any real substance. Havent watched it since but I cant see how they could have possibly made it much worse, but I will take your word for it though.

· Registered
1,829 Posts
It seems to me that the one guy thought it was going to all fun and games, like playing rambo on the weekends(just my opinion). His family wasn't serious, he didn't act serious. the guy that owned the property watched red dawn to many times.
The two guys that teamed up (Chiropractor and Radiation guy) on that 700 acre land..... <----THIS is exactly why I choose NOT to form a group within myself. The guy shot the gun inside the platform and the chiropractor guy started bawling. Excuse me, but there are much worse things I've endured with a gun and if he couldn't take that, then I'm seeing him overran when shtf easily. The other guy, I forgot his name, I'll call him Eddie from National Lampoons was asked to leave by the chiropractor after 4 years of prepping with him. Like he's his boss or something.

I choose to "group" in with my family (which could even be worse). I know some do not have family, but where was all the relatives at?

· Banned
2,112 Posts
I can say that at least the episodes got better as the season progressed. But yeah, that first one was a bomb. This weeks episode was kind of cool, with the full hour dedicated to one guy and his ranch in Texas. But both of them (the chiropractor and his buddy) looked like a couple of general idiots and they have no hope of fending off much of anything. But I really liked his set up overall.

· Registered
1,829 Posts
This week's episode shows you what money can buy as far as prepping. However, money could not buy this wussy chiropractor a backbone and the other dude some common sense. Dude cried like a school girl. He will go fast and easy.
Exactly! I'm surprised the Eddie guy didn't call him "yes boss". And I'm sure those "off duty" law enforcement were really off duty. More like utilizing the city taxes for their playtime. What I keep thinking about is Eddie spent 4 years with this jerk to have him say "I'm going to have to let you go". Wow, some prepping "group"!

· Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Exactly! I'm surprised the Eddie guy didn't call him "yes boss". And I'm sure those "off duty" law enforcement were really off duty. More like utilizing the city taxes for their playtime. What I keep thinking about is Eddie spent 4 years with this jerk to have him say "I'm going to have to let you go". Wow, some prepping "group"!
I think Eddie's daughter was the only one in the entire group that could pour piss out of a boot. Of course I am guessing that Nat Geo had this crap all played out to show some drama as well as to make preppers look like a bunch of DA's.

· Registered
146 Posts
I thought that episode was lame too, although I did think "The Alamo" was a pretty cool compound he had.

· Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Wife and I started laughing after the guy started crying. He just aint gonna last.
Your right. I would like to know where his place is because in 10 days they would all be dead mainly from accidental discharges...which is how they got on earth to start with I think.

· Registered
66 Posts
Your right. I would like to know where his place is because in 10 days they would all be dead mainly from accidental discharges...which is how they got on earth to start with I think.
That is freakin' PRICELESS!! I almosted choked to death laughing so hard! :mrgreen:

Reactions: C5GUY
41 - 60 of 75 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.