Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
2,074 Posts
..none of the people on tonight's show would last 2 hours with our group. We could not afford to waste time and valuable assets towards people this weak...
Yay, the key to a good survival group is to only have people in it who you LIKE, and who all get on with each other, else morale will plummet and the group will quickly fall apart..

"Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way"- General George S. Patton

"If you hang around with losers you become a loser"- Donald Trump

"He who walks with the wise becomes wise, but a companion of fools suffers harm"- Bible, Proverbs 13:20

· Registered
2,074 Posts
In my opinion no group will survive nor allow any members to live among them that does not contribute a needed talent or can provide a service that will serve the entire group's existence. The needed food, heat and shelter to provide for anyone else other than those immediate family members will be too precious to waste on others. Sad thoughts for sad times I guess.
Yes there'll be some tough calls to make..;)
For instance, you and your buddies go scouting round town after SHTF and you come across a kid like this, who says-
"My mummy and daddy are inside asleep but they won't wake up".
Could we walk on by and leave her?

· Registered
2,074 Posts
This graphic shows how a single persons food stockpile (and his survival time) will be dramatically halved if he shares it with one other person.
And it'd last just a few days if he had 3 or 4 more people to feed.
Going it alone as a 'Lone Prepper' might therefore be a good strategy so that we don't have to share it with anybody else?

PS- In my cycling days we did a 100-mile ride on a cold winters day, and needless to say I carried a small rucksack stuffed with nutritious food and drink, and had extra energy drink bottles clipped to my frame.
To my disgust, fellow members kept begging me for some of it as we pedalled along but I refused pointblank, telling them diplomatically- "Sorry, I've only got enough for myself".
They didn't like it but I didn't care, it served them right for not prepping, and they were just plain cheeky trying to leech off me!
About 12 of us started, but only a few of us (including me) finished the full 100 miles in about 7 hours and won the much-prized 'Finishers Certificate'; the beggars were dropping out like flies all round the course..;)

"Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize" (Bible,1 Corinthians 9:24)

· Registered
2,074 Posts
This episode of The Twilight Zone called The Shelter explores human behaviour in a crisis, it begins with a bunch of neighbours whooping it up at a birthday party, but then a nuclear war alert comes on the radio urging people to "get into your shelters!".
But only one of the families has a shelter and there's not room for everybody...

· Registered
2,074 Posts
[re Doomsday Preppers] The people they have are either wackos or are being made out to be wackos..
There are some youtube videos from the cast that actually tells that they were scripted to say or to do something. Tv at its best.
Ha ha yeah, if ever I ended up in a group of crackpots like that I'd kill myself..:)
TV-land is all stage-managed rigged fakery and is like Strawberry Fields where nothing is real!

"It would be soooo nice if something made sense for a change!"- Alice in Wonderland

· Registered
2,074 Posts
..All the British Invasion of Music did was corrupt` our American youth. I listened to it for many years, I know. The artists were spoiled rich kids who went to high class Music Schools in your homeland
Elvis and his pelvis started the 'corruption' long before the Brits, he was banned from some radio stations in the USA.
Anyway I don't see it as corruption, I see the message of rock as being -"Hey kids you can be kool and hip, not like your stuffy old parents"..:)

· Registered
2,074 Posts
I couldn't ever leave a child, ever. Period with a capital P. My faith tells me that the children and the weak and the 'least of these' are those who I am most convicted to help. I might die from my utopic view, but I won't die a monster. ;)
My thoughts exactly mate, if helping others means I'd die doing it, so be it.
When a catastrophe happens my first reaction will be "Okay, it's SHOWTIME !" and I'll go out looking to help those who need help..:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.