Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I watched tonight's early premier of National Geographic's Doomsday Prepper season #2 and all I can say is WTF??? It is apparent to me that National Geo's goal was to find the whackiest people that they could in order to make all preppers look like laughing stock or worse. Last season while some of the people were really out there I learned a few things from most of the groups that they featured. Tonight's premier was the bigest waste of one hour than I have done since my first marriage ceremony. Really where did NG find these three groups of people? They were so whacky that I found myself feeling sorry for them if they are in fact not just acting. I am involved with a small group of like minded people that I guess one would call preppers and none of the people on tonight's show would last 2 hours with our group. We could not afford to waste time and valuable assets towards people this weak. I just figure that NG is going to use season #2 to make all of us look like the same type of fools that tonight's show reflected. Now at least I have some free time on my DVR.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Thanks for the heads up...

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
i learned a lot on the mary j one i always thought so? but they are leaving trash in the forest and the chemicals the pot growers are ausung as excellerant are ending up in the rivers and lakes killing wild life. so drugs inc was a good show for me. the pot one.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
..none of the people on tonight's show would last 2 hours with our group. We could not afford to waste time and valuable assets towards people this weak...
Yay, the key to a good survival group is to only have people in it who you LIKE, and who all get on with each other, else morale will plummet and the group will quickly fall apart..

"Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way"- General George S. Patton

"If you hang around with losers you become a loser"- Donald Trump

"He who walks with the wise becomes wise, but a companion of fools suffers harm"- Bible, Proverbs 13:20

·
Registered
7,943 Posts
i learned a lot on the mary j one i always thought so? but they are leaving trash in the forest and the chemicals the pot growers are ausung as excellerant are ending up in the rivers and lakes killing wild life. so drugs inc was a good show for me. the pot one.
I'm keeping both eyes open while exploring the woods lately. I don't want to walk up on a field that was late to harvest

·
Registered
481 Posts
I have no plans to even watch the show because I think it marginalizes preppers into the wrong category. They talk to the craziest 2%. I would never go on that show nor would I recommend anyone else go on that show. It will only get you labeled.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
In my opinion no group will survive nor allow any members to live among them that does not contribute a needed talent or can provide a service that will serve the entire group's existence. The needed food, heat and shelter to provide for anyone else other than those immediate family members will be too precious to waste on others. Sad thoughts for sad times I guess.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
In my opinion no group will survive nor allow any members to live among them that does not contribute a needed talent or can provide a service that will serve the entire group's existence. The needed food, heat and shelter to provide for anyone else other than those immediate family members will be too precious to waste on others. Sad thoughts for sad times I guess.
Yes there'll be some tough calls to make..;)
For instance, you and your buddies go scouting round town after SHTF and you come across a kid like this, who says-
"My mummy and daddy are inside asleep but they won't wake up".
Could we walk on by and leave her?

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I could not leave the child but I would have no problem leaving the parents to fend for themselves. I am a sucker for kids having 6 grandkids is one of the main things that started me on this route to begin with.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Unfortunately women in distress and children are used as ambush bait all the time. It would be a tough call, but I would not leave a little one behind, unless it was sketchy and I had no other choice.
I could see where this would be an easy trap for me. Hopefully as large as our group is and with as much firepower that we have traps like this can be overcome.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
We would not take him with us since he could never keep up nor could he contribute to the existence of our group. However, I would leave him with a little water and food if possible.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I always use the show for does and don'ts

Reactions: shotlady
1 - 20 of 75 Posts