Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm putting a new M-Carbo feed ramp (I polished the ramp before installing) and mag release into a CMR-30 to improve it's feeding reliability with it's double stacked rimfire ammo. I did this modification to another one a while ago with no problems but this one is being a bi_ch. Parts are in place correctly but something in the trigger area is not lining up, or when I get the trigger group moving together the mag release pin pops out.

I give up for this evening. I'll mess with it tomorrow.

Tell us your F+:"ked up assembly story.

·
Registered
11,805 Posts
Sometimes it's best to walk away and come back later with fresh eyes. Either that or get a bigger hammer. :vs_smile:

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The rifle has been fairly reliable after breaking in with a FTF about once every 150 rounds. Not bad using 30 round double stack mag loaded with rimfire ammo with it's wide base but trying to improve things a bit.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
So I'm putting a new M-Carbo feed ramp (I polished the ramp before installing) and mag release into a CMR-30 to improve it's feeding reliability with it's double stacked rimfire ammo. I did this modification to another one a while ago with no problems but this one is being a bi_ch. Parts are in place correctly but something in the trigger area is not lining up, or when I get the trigger group moving together the mag release pin pops out.

I give up for this evening. I'll mess with it tomorrow.

Tell us your F+:"ked up assembly story.
If you hold your mouth just right, it will go right in.

·
Registered
5,953 Posts
I refuse to take door panels or dashboards apart for that exact reason.

Reactions: Slippy and KUSA

·
Registered
5,953 Posts
....and if I ever get something, usually something electrical...I don't bother trying to put all the styrofoam back the way it was if it gets returned.
The only people capable of getting things back in original packing condition are either robots or Chinese/Korea/Indian slave labor staff.

I just put it back in the box as best I can and go....here. I'm returning this.

Reactions: inceptor and KUSA

·
Registered
5,953 Posts
I must say, that is the most irritating thing I can think of. I usually get pissed and break something taking it off. They sure know how to hide fasteners on a door.
It's amazing the things that can become a Frisbee.

·
Registered
11,805 Posts
I once decided to take a dashboard apart. Next time, I just shoot the truck, ( Several times) bury it in the neighbors yard, and hope no one's the wiser. :tango_face_grin:

·
9,016 Posts
I've been pretty lucky at putting things back together. One trick I learned at work (I was maintenance mechanic/supervisor)
was to take pictures of complicated machines, etc. and make lots of drawings. I had a young man working under me, bring
me a flat head, Allen screw. Said another worker found it on the floor. I took a look at it and said to get a set of Allen
wrenches and come with me. We got in the golf cart and drove over to the repackaging area, and walked directly up to a
machine and showed him where it went. The guy just about got on his knees and bowed to me. Of course, what I didn't tell
him, was it was a common screw that got lost during the replacent of a nichrome wire change out. I probably replaced 4 a
month for the machine operators.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
My co worker feels your pain. He bought a S&W model 1076? 10mm with decocker. Couldnt put slide back on after cleaning it. We figured out with one youtube video. But, he bought this in the 90's/// Let that sink in..

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
My co worker feels your pain. He bought a S&W model 1076? 10mm with decocker. Couldnt put slide back on after cleaning it. We figured out with one youtube video. But, he bought this in the 90's/// Let that sink in..
Ouch, either that's the worlds most reliable semi-auto or he doesn't shoot very much.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
well I got the 2 sides of the lower back together and everything seems to function correctly but now I can't get the lower to mate with the upper. But I've seen this before on these rifles. I'll mess with it again tomorrow.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts