Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Though I don't post in the "flu" bug thread I watch it. Clearly as prepared people we want to be ahead of the masses on a pandemic. The same is true of a dollar collapse and it's possible outcomes. How fast could it happen. Will we see it for a year, months, weeks or hours? I saw this posted and it made me wonder a little
5 of 10 Top Economies in the World Drop the Dollar - BlackListedNews.com

6 of the 12 worlds largest economies no longer need the US dollar as a reserve or means of trade. That is alarming to me.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
How can you blame other countries when we are openly printing money to keep propping up our economy and show know signs of wanting to curtail spending.

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can't and don't blame other countries - I do blame our own. Unlike some I do think the course could be reversed but with 6 of the 12 world's largest economies no longer "requiring" the dollar (doesn't mean they still don't use it) puts us on difficult footing. Now here is a difficult question; the Euro is troubled, the Yaun is manipulated much like the dollar, the Yen is being printed now too, and any other currency you can think of is no where near "large" enough to handle world wide commerce; so maybe (just maybe) it was prudent to print while the getting was good or we may have well deflated. Please think about that without any partisan blinders and dismay for the FED. What if, in fact, we did not print the $85 billion a month (print figuratively - create digitally is more like it) during the last 18 months? With the other world currences weak the dollar could have been sought after in refuge (in fact it has been) and caused a deflationary state. I don't recall stories of the Great Depression being about rapid inflation they were about a collapsed market / bubble that deflated dramatically the ability to get money. Printing $85 billion a month may have well kept the dollar in good stead (by just being available). IF that were true then we are truly on a teeter totter so to speak and the powers that be are just buying minutes of time before the collapse occurs; which many could say is very likely considering what our govt is spending on "preps" for that very event.

How can you blame other countries when we are openly printing money to keep propping up our economy and show know signs of wanting to curtail spending.

·
Registered
8,068 Posts
I read the following this morning and almost posted it here with a few comments:

Japan's Economy Is On Brink Of Disaster - Business Insider

What I found most fascinating was that Business Insider would post it as the headline. On every story about the U.S. Dollar the BI crew are a bunch Keynesian-turd-Obama-Bernanke-cheerleaders. They usually make Paul Krugman look absolutely Conservative. But for some reason, when they are talking about the Yen, they decided that Ludwig von Mises might be onto something.

So, I suggest reading the article twice. The first time, read it exactly as it is posted because I believe it to be correct about the Yen. The second time through, replace every mention of "Japan" with "United States", replace every mention of the "Yen" with "U.S. Federal Reserve Notes", and replace every mention of the "Bank of Japan" with "Federal Reserve Bank" and I think you will get a pretty clear picture of what we can expect in the coming years.

Also, do not forget that just prior to the financial meltdown in 2008, the Yen was trading against the Dollar at between 105 and 110 Yen per Dollar. Thanks to the irresponsibility of the Fed, it got down to the low 70s per Dollar this year. Japan is just trying to catch up to us so they do not have to bear the brunt of all of the inflation we have been exporting around the world the last 5 years.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Though I don't post in the "flu" bug thread I watch it. Clearly as prepared people we want to be ahead of the masses on a pandemic. The same is true of a dollar collapse and it's possible outcomes. How fast could it happen. Will we see it for a year, months, weeks or hours? I saw this posted and it made me wonder a little
5 of 10 Top Economies in the World Drop the Dollar - BlackListedNews.com

6 of the 12 worlds largest economies no longer need the US dollar as a reserve or means of trade. That is alarming to me.
Hey Ripon You know I love you, but WTF posting a 2 month old story?

Here is the deal, every currency is printing dollars/yen/yuan/euros as fast as they can. The reason is that nobody wants to lose exports because their currency is overvalued. So if you want to buy a Japanese car, they need to deflate the value of their currency so we in the USA can afford it. So if they print more yen than we print dollars then their cars are cheaper.

Currently the Japanese are printing MORE than the USA is so they have a devalued currency and Americans can afford to buy their cars (mostly manufactured in the USA with imported parts) BTW

1 - 5 of 5 Posts