Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
That's an impressive injury even if it isn't a break!
I would use a boot just for comfort even if it isn't braked. You may have hairlined it. I recommend going to an urgent care for x-rays just so you know whats up. With five active kiddos I can tell you urgent care is great! I'm even friends with some of the nurses now!

·
Registered
492 Posts
Apologies for being totally irrelevant (if I were really sorry I wouldn't do it;) ) but these new emoji things are weird. Not sure I like 'em.... This forum seems to have changed drastically from when I landed my sorry ass here not to long ago; now even the tech is changing. The blue thumbs are so facebookish it's a very triggering thing for me although im not on social media. ;)

·
Registered
458 Posts
Apologies for being totally irrelevant (if I were really sorry I wouldn't do it;) ) but these new emoji things are weird. Not sure I like 'em.... This forum seems to have changed drastically from when I landed my sorry ass here not to long ago; now even the tech is changing. The blue thumbs are so facebookish it's a very triggering thing for me although im not on social media. ;)
Emojis are like clowns, ice cream trucks and carnies. Other than a thumbs up they creep me out.

Godspeed

·
Registered
46 Posts
Definite sprain by the bruising.
Did that roughly 30 years ago and it has always been weak since. Rolled it again to a lesser extent two weeks ago because God has a sense of humor.
A doctor?
Certainly would decrease the amount of weight your wallet would apply to it, other than that not much help.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Damn that's an ugly foot Haha, looks like a nice one. I'd ice the bejesus out of it, I cant count the amount of times I was sure my ankle was broken but it was just sprained.

It's also been broken and had to fix it with pins and surgery after a year of ignoring it so maybe I should keep my mouth shut haha.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Ok I don't want to sound like Al Bundy here, but playing 3 sports in high school and the coaches always having two rolls of tape on them is what I have to go by.

I've had ankle sprains that looked worse, and breaks that looked better. Ice the hell out of it and keep it elevated. Wait till the swelling goes down because anytime you go in to get an xray and it's that swollen they just take them and then tell you that they can't tell until the swelling goes down.

The amount of swelling on the top of the foot suggests that whatever you did is bad.

If you have messed up an ankle before as you mentioned you always need to have good ankle support from your shoes afterwards. To this day I still will not wear anything other than the highest top shoe or a good 8" workboot because that ankle is weak. At least it only took about 20 years for it to quit grinding when I rotate it though.

·
Registered
755 Posts
I'm certainly no doctor but I've had sprained ankles that looked just a bad. I generally avoid doctors like the plague but I might be inclined to see a doctor if my foot looked as bad as yours.

Many would suggest that you either wrap the ankle or put it in cold water but I've been told that swelling is the body's natural way to handle such injuries and that we shouldn't try to undo what the body is trying to accomplish.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
I've rolled mine a few times to the point where it looked like yours. Get a brace and take it easy for a few weeks.

·
Super Moderator
9,189 Posts
I wonder what happens if it is fractured, and you don't go to a doctor. Keep us informed and where to send flowers. No insurance?

·
Registered
701 Posts
I had an ankle that kept rolling from a broken bone that didn't heal, finally had surgery but I swear by using KT tape for stability and will always have some in the house for different sore area's.

·
Registered
12,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Thanks for the suggestions and concern. My swelling is pretty much gone. The foot/ankle is still mostly bruised and tender, but not painful sitting, standing, walking or putting weight on it. I am being cautious as I know that it is fragile. I got a pretty nice brace of it, but can not really wear it into work as it will not fit in a shoe. I am on track to heal, but that will be a few weeks I am sure.

·
Registered
24,529 Posts
Thanks for the suggestions and concern. My swelling is pretty much gone. The foot/ankle is still mostly bruised and tender, but not painful sitting, standing, walking or putting weight on it. I am being cautious as I know that it is fragile. I got a pretty nice brace of it, but can not really wear it into work as it will not fit in a shoe. I am on track to heal, but that will be a few weeks I am sure.
We're really happy that you are healing, sir.

·
Registered
6,050 Posts
Hard to say from here. To me it just looks like either kicking-the-enemy or just going to a polka party that over-serves liquor.

Then again, all my friends have black-and-blue marks somewhere at any time. Kind of mark of honor, that is, not if your wife inflicted the damage!

BTW, am I still a member here? I got a new computer, and you know, too many buttons for an ol' guy...The Tourist

·
Administrator
15,422 Posts
Hard to say from here. To me it just looks like either kicking-the-enemy or just going to a polka party that over-serves liquor.

Then again, all my friends have black-and-blue marks somewhere at any time. Kind of mark of honor, that is, not if your wife inflicted the damage!

BTW, am I still a member here? I got a new computer, and you know, too many buttons for an ol' guy...The Tourist
Man, glad to see ya, Tourist!!
We had an All points Bulletin out on you.
I even called your phone to see if you were OK. I just got voicemail and you never called back.

Reactions: KUSA and BamaDOC
21 - 40 of 44 Posts