Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
12,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hurt myself years ago and stretched ligaments in my right ankle along with breaking it. I rolled my right ankle jogging yesterday. I think it is severely stretched ligaments again. What do u think?
Azure Grey Creative arts Art Barefoot

·
Registered
110 Posts
Could be ligaments again. Are you able to walk at all? Can you pinch your toes and feel them? Do you have any motor control of your foot?

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
3,673 Posts
I think you should put that foot up. If someone in my home had a foot that looked like that I would schedule an appt with the doctor.

Take care of yourself!

·
Registered
701 Posts
Amen to the RICE. I did that after I broke my ankle and my wrist. Get the swelling down gets the pain down.

·
Registered
12,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Could be ligaments again. Are you able to walk at all? Can you pinch your toes and feel them? Do you have any motor control of your foot?

I can walk on it. Somewhat cautiously, but it does not hurt when I do so. I can feel my toes and have full movement of them without pain. When I move my foot up and down at the ankle, I have some pain, but not what I would consider bad.

·
Registered
12,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Remember your first aid for strains/sprains

R - rest
I - ice
C - compression
E - elevate

I have been icing about every couple of hours. Elevating some, but I do not to be up for some things, like letting the dog outside, using the rest room, etc....

·
Super Moderator
9,189 Posts
For what it is worth, I had one ocassion where I would have sworn my foot was broken, it wasn't. On another ocassion it was only near my little toe (but in the body of the foot) that I had some pain. It was broken that time. Spent 6 weeks in a cast. Considering how much a person depends on your feet, why haven't you seen a doctor yet? Go to the doctor.

·
Registered
10,870 Posts
Looks like a bad sprain similar to what my Mama had one time. I would put a drop of Wintergreen oil on it for pain. That stuff is astoundingly effective on painful joints..muscles ligaments etc. .

·
Registered
12,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Would say if pain is high after 24 hrs and no reduction in swelling you should go to the doctor.

It has been about 37 hours since I injured myself and the swelling has increased.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Amazing you would seek medical advice from posters on a forum. When it’s permanently destroyed, remember to put some wintergreen on it.

If you can’t figure out you should have seen a physician 24 hrs ago, it’s on you.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
I had a similar injury many years ago. Turned out to be a bad sprain and I got one of this walking boot things and some meds.
You really ought to go to a urgent care or your PCP for some X-rays.
BoF

1 - 20 of 44 Posts