Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In June we finished building our home in Nevada, we have a residence there, and are working
towards making it our primary residence for citizenship (voting, gun owning, etc) but we're thwarted
by the fact we both have employment in California. My job recently started and its lucrative enough
I need it to continue, and my wife adds to her retirement every day she stays and doesn't mind
staying.

I'm just curious what the rules are in various states for citizenship if moving there? Do you know
yours? You don't even have to say which one - I'm more curious about the rules.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Simply owning a home in a state does not necessarily constiture residency, which is more of what you are asking about, me thinks. I think you will find it mostly comes down to how many months of the year you "reside" in the dwelling within the state.

·
Banned
2,112 Posts
Domicile vs. Residence. You can have multiple residences, but only one Domicile (Your main residence/where you register to vote/drivers license). I find it strange that simply because you have a job in another state that you can't be a resident of Nevada. I know that in Washington, you have to have "X" number of days residing continually within the state and I believe some sort of utility bill.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
For AZ you need to declare your primary residence in AZ.
Live there for 6 mos.
Get an AZ drivers license.

Then you get all of the perks like paying income tax and property tax and sales tax and registering your vehicles and stuff.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.